Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at email@example.com if you have any additional information.
Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Bruce Runyon
Dr. Bruce Runyon, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Santa Monica, CA. He has 37 years of experience. His specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Runyon is affiliated with Loma Linda University Medical Center-East Campus, San Gorgonio Memorial Hospital and Keck Hospital of USC. He speaks English.
Dr. Bruce Runyon has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Bruce Runyon has the following 17 expertise
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Carbon Tetrachloride Poisoning
- Esophageal and Gastric Varices
- Gastrointestinal Hemorrhage
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Liver Cirrhosis
- Liver Cirrhosis (Alcoholic)
- Liver Diseases
- Liver Failure
- Liver Transplantation
- Portal Hypertension
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Viral Human Hepatitis
Dr. Bruce Runyon has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Bruce Runyon is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 4
Dr. Runyon is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Loma Linda University Medical Center-East Campus
San Gorgonio Memorial Hospital
Keck Hospital of USC
University of California - Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center
LAC/Rancho Los Amigos Ntl Rehabilitation Center
Santa Monica - UCLA Medical Center
UCLA Medical Center
Loma Linda University Behavioral Medicine Center
Loma Linda University Medical Center
Loma Linda University Physicians Medical Group
37 Years Experience
University Of Iowa Roy J And Lucille A Carver College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1976
Dr. Bruce Runyon accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
Locations & DirectionsGregory Bion Bierer MD, 1223 16th St, Santa Monica, CA
Dr. Bruce Runyon is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Santa Monica, CA.