- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Bruce F Scharschmidt MD
Dr. Bruce F Scharschmidt, MD is a Doctor primarily located in San Francisco, CA. He has 48 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology. He speaks English.
45 Saint Francis Blvd
San Francisco, CA 94127
Dr. Bruce F Scharschmidt has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
Dr. Bruce F Scharschmidt has the following 7 expertise
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Liver Diseases
- Hepatitis C
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Gilbert Disease
- Ulcerative Colitis
Dr. Bruce F Scharschmidt is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
48 Years Experience
Graduated in 1970
Dr. Bruce F Scharschmidt Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Dr. Bruce F Scharschmidt's office for more information.
45 Saint Francis Blvd San Francisco, CA 94127
Locations & Directions45 Saint Francis Blvd, San Francisco, CA
Dr. Bruce F Scharschmidt is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Francisco, CA.