Contact Lens Care
A complete overview of what you need to know about your contact lenses.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Chronic Dry Eye Facts about chronic dry eye, including the causes, symptoms & doctors.
- Contact Lens Care A complete overview of contact lenses.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Bruce Ungerleider
Dr. Bruce Ungerleider, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Saint Petersburg, FL. He has 35 years of experience. His specialties include Ophthalmology and Family Medicine. Dr. Ungerleider is affiliated with St. Petersburg General Hospital, All Children's Hospital and Palms of Pasadena Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Bruce Ungerleider has the following 2 specialties
An ophthalmologist has the training to do much more than just prescribe glasses. They are physicians specially trained to diagnose and treat disorders of the eyes and vision. These doctors are experts on the complicated anatomy of the eye and are trained to treat eye diseases through both medical and surgical methods.
Some common conditions that ophthalmologists treat are cataracts, glaucoma, strabismus, diabetic retinopathy, macular degeneration and amblyopia. In addition, ophthalmologists can provide prescriptions for eye glasses and contact lenses and perform LASIK surgery and other corrective surgeries for refractive errors like myopia (near-sightedness), hyperopia (far-sightedness), astigmatism and presbyopia.
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Bruce Ungerleider is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
I thought he was terrific because he was super well trained and was kind and funny too. His surgical reputation was the best that I found. My surgery turned out wonderful Very pleased indeed. But he may be retired now. I am not sure. But if he is still practicing I would highly recommend him. Excellent!
Dr. Ungerleider is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
St. Petersburg General Hospital
All Children's Hospital
Palms of Pasadena Hospital
Palms of Pasadena Hospital
Healthsouth St. Petersburg Surgery Center
Center For Specialized Surgery
35 Years Experience
Graduated in 1978
Bayfront Medical Center
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsBruce A Ungerleider MD, PO Box 48626, Saint Petersburg, FL
Dr. Bruce Ungerleider is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Saint Petersburg, FL.