Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Bruce Volpe
Dr. Bruce Volpe, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Manhasset, NY, with another office in New York, NY. He has 41 years of experience. His specialties include Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine, Internal Medicine and Neurology. Dr. Volpe is affiliated with Northern Westchester Hospital, New York Presbyterian HospitalNew York Weill Cornell Center and NewYork-Presbyterian / Weill Cornell. He speaks English.
Dr. Bruce Volpe has the following 3 specialties
- Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine
An osteopath is a physician who is trained in the philosophy of osteopathic medicine. These doctors have a D.O. degree which stands for Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine, as opposed to M.D. for Medical Doctor.
Osteopathic medicine differs from conventional medicine, which is sometimes referred to as allopathic medicine, in that they incorporate a type of manual therapy called Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine (OMM) into their treatment in which they manipulate the spine in order to relieve pain when other methods have not been successful. This is reflective of the philosophical difference between the two types of physicians; osteopaths are trained to treat the body as a whole in the belief that the body is structured with the ability to heal itself while medical doctors treat specific illnesses or symptoms.
Overall, osteopaths and medical doctors in the US are both equally qualified to treat patients and they work in the same settings and provide the same treatments.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Bruce Volpe has the following 7 expertise
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Basal Ganglia Cerebrovascular Disease
- Migraine Disorders
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
Dr. Bruce Volpe has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Bruce Volpe is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 1
Dr. Volpe is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
New York Presbyterian HospitalNew York Weill Cornell Center
NewYork-Presbyterian / Weill Cornell
Winifred Masterson Burke Rehabilitation Hospital
North Shore University Hospital At Syosset
New York Presbyterian / Westchester
North Shore University Hospital
North Shore Univ Hosp At Plainview
W. M. Burke Rehabilitation Hospital
41 Years Experience
Yale University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1975
Cornell University Health Services
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Bruce Volpe is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Manhasset, NY.