Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Bruce D Wilhelmsen has the following 2 specialties
- Foot & Ankle Orthopaedics
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Bruce D Wilhelmsen has the following 7 expertise
- Dupuytren's Contracture
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Sports Medicine
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Dr. Bruce D Wilhelmsen is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 17
Extremely rude. In a nutshell, I was told to take ibuprofen and follow up in two weeks. That I should be fine. When I stated that the Dr that handled my Ed visit strongly suggested that I see an orthopedic Dr within two days, bc he strongly believed that I had severe rotator cuff damage, he first said that I was too young to have such issues (I'm 38), then he asked if I had seen a "REAL DR AT THE Ed OR JUST A PA"". I walked out in tears. I still can't lift my arm to even brush my hair and my husband has to help me get dressed. I have never felt so insulted in my life. I have always held such respect for Dr's bc they are supposed to be healers. This man literally made me doubt ever seeing another Dr. Please don't waste your time and money on someone that doesn't care about you as a patient. Since that visit, I have scheduled an appointment with an entirely different office. It's a shame bc I have heard some great reviews about other Dr's at that office, but he is a terrible representation of Orthopedic East.
As I read the reviews of so many of his patients, I realize I am just another disgruntled patient of Dr. Wilhelmsen. If I had only read these reviews prior to wasting my time and money to seek medical services from a doctor such as he. I sought help for severe shoulder pain, tingling in my arm and numbness in my hand. Dr. Wilhelmsen ordered useless and painful tests. Two followup appointments were rescheduled without my being notified in a timely manner. On one such occasion, a notice was sent by mail. On the second, my appointment was cancelled the day before my scheduled visit for reasons unknown to me, right after calling to confirm that I would be at the appointment as arranged. I drove 45 miles to Greenville without having been given the courtesy of a phone call to let me know it had been cancelled. I still do not know the reason for my discomfort, but I will not be wasting my time with Dr. Wilhelmsen.
Dr. Wilhelmsen is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
39 Years Experience
Duke University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1979
University Of Virginia Health System
Dr. Bruce D Wilhelmsen accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS North Carolina
- BCBS NC Blue Value
- BCBS NC BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Carelink - Carolinas HealthCare System Tier 2
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsOrthopaedics East & Sports Medicine Center, 810 Wh Smith Blvd, Greenville, NC
Dr. Bruce D Wilhelmsen is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Greenville, NC.