Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Bruce C Winnacott
Dr. Bruce C Winnacott, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Salisbury, MD, with other offices in Princess Anne, MD and Salisbury, MD . He has 42 years of experience. His specialties include Obstetrics & Gynecology. Dr. Winnacott is affiliated with Peninsula Regional Medical Center. Dr. Winnacott has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Bruce C Winnacott has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Women's Health
- Child Birth
- Pap Smear
- Pelvic Exam
- Hot Flashes
- Birth Control
- Menstrual Pain
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 7
Dr. Winnacott did not know why I was there (postpartum second follow up for an unhealing wound) instead he took STD cultures which was ridiculous and unwarranted being that this was related to a broken suture after giving birth. He also did a rectal exam when I told him not to. I left angry and feeling violated without my concerns addressed .
If you want to have a quick 30 minute or less routine gyn appointment, then Dr. Winnacott is fine. Otherwise, I urge caution. At a new patient, I was tested for an STD without being told; I only found out when I reviewed my bill. At my second appointment, I asked about switching birth control prescription. I was not given any information about potential side effects of other medications, asked any followup questions for my request, or scheduled for a followup appointment to discuss how the changed medication was working out for me. I will be switching doctors.
Dr. Winnacott is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
42 Years Experience
University Of Maryland School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1976
St Agnes Hospital Baltimore
Dr. Bruce C Winnacott accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry DE PPO
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Bruce C Winnacott in this video.
Dr. Bruce C Winnacott is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Salisbury, MD.