Get the facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Bruno Cotter
Bruno Cotter, MD is a Doctor primarily located in San Diego, CA, with another office in San Diego, CA. He has 35 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease, Internal Medicine and Cardiology. Bruno Cotter is affiliated with UC San Diego Medical Center, UC San Diego Thornton Hospital in La Jolla and Pioneers Memorial Healthcare District. He speaks French and German.
Bruno Cotter has the following 3 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Cardiologists are doctors who specialize in the diagnosis, prevention and treatment of conditions related to the heart and blood vessels.
A patient may be referred to a cardiologist if he experiences symptoms like chest pains, shortness of breath, dizziness, or high blood pressure. The physician will then evaluate your symptoms, take your health and family history and your weight. The cardiologist may order additional diagnostic tests, such as an echocardiogram, X-ray or blood tests. If necessary, the cardiologist may also call for a cardiac catheterization - a procedure in which a small tube is inserted into or near the heart that can take pictures of the heart's activity, or relieve blockage.
Once determining whether there is a heart condition, a cardiologist will treat a patient through cholesterol management, cardiac rehabilitation, and fitness. If surgical intervention is required, like open-heart surgery, a cardiologist will make that determination, but a cardiothoracic surgeon will perform the procedure.
Bruno Cotter has the following 15 expertise
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Blood Clot
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Heart Attack
- Heart Block
- Heart Diseases
- Heart Failure
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Unstable Angina
Bruno Cotter has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 1 of 1
Cotter is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
UC San Diego Thornton Hospital in La Jolla
Pioneers Memorial Healthcare District
UC San Diego Medical Center in Hillcrest
UCSD Medical Center, Hillcrest
Promise Hospital San Diego
UCSD Thornton Hospital, La Jolla
UC San Diego Health System
UC San Diego Sulpizio Cardiovascular Center in La Jolla
35 Years Experience
Universite De Lausanne
Graduated in 1982
Ucsd Medical Center
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Bruno Cotter is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Imperial, CA.