3.0

Have you seen Dr. Bryan A Castro?

Amazing!

I had horrible back pain before, but when I woke up from the surgery, I felt so much better! NO pain. Definitely 10 out of 10!

7 years ago you did a lumbar L4 L5 fusion and ruined my back,my earning potential,my entire life,and left me with a legacy of chronic pain- "dr. Castro's Pain".Some back surgeons like you have victims, not patients....No follow-up, no shame...

Refused to treat. Dishonest

Dr. Castro is an amazing surgeon I have had a spinal fusion done at Lutheran and I cannot say enough about the man. I feel 10 times better than before the surgery and have hope that I will be able to be as active as I once was.

Doesn't care about his patients, but cares very much about his paycheck!

I had to see Dr. Castro because workman's comp forced me to see him for a 2nd opinion for lumbar back surgery. He totally disregarded any of the findings of the other surgeon and suggested several more tests. After having the tests done with no improvement and seeing 4 other surgeons who also recommended surgery, my paperwork was sent to Dr. Castro to see if he had changed his decision. 5 surgeons agreed that I needed surgery - he said that I did not - guess who workman's comp sided with. Finally, 3 years after my injury, I had a fusion and artificial disc replacement which is the best decision of my life. Immediately after the surgery, i had relief from the agonizing pain that I lived with for 3 years - only because of Dr. Castro's reports. It took going to court to overturn Dr. Castro's decision - what a joke. I would never recommend that anybody see Dr. Castro for anything more than a hangnail. It is obvious that he is working for the insurance companies and does not have his patients best interests at heart.

Technique

If you are looking for a surgeon, look no further. Dr. Castro is the BEST! I had had terrible back pain for 6 months. When I WOKE UP after the surgery I HAD NO BAKE PAIN!

Never saw the doctor after my surgery!!

I saw Castro immediately before my surgery, and NEVER again. He did NOT visit me in recovery. Went to office follow up, and did NOT see him. Saw his assistants. I find it very strange to NOT see him after surgery. My back is worse, and I am strongly considering taking him to court. Very dissatisfied FORMER patient.

Does not care about patients

Every time I go in for a visit my wait time is 2 hrs., After complaining about it, This last time I never even saw him, he sent in his assistant instead, when my appointment was over, I voived my frustration and left, they turned around and wrote a letter to my W/C insurance company saying I left without seeing him, he knew I would complain and wanted to protect his interest with the insurance company. He could care less about patients, it's all about $$.

Dr Castro is an amazing physician. He diagnosed my difficult problem with ease and performed an excellent surgery. After surgery I saw Dr Castro at each visit. I went to multi

Frustrated

Dr. Castro rarely reads his assistants notes, who has already talked to you, before he enters your room so you start all over again with him which is a complete waste of time. He is often vague and not engaged with you and often in a hurry to leave for his next appointment.His MA is poorly organized and doesn't return calls on a regular or timely basis. She also does not share any personal correspondence with Dr. Castro, or, he chooses not to read it. Between the two of them, you have little confidence that they are completely on top of your personal treatment plan.

A waste of my time

He never got around to it. He never did what he said he was going to do. He couldn't make a decision. He seemed confused about treatment options. He beat around the bush and was never up front and honest. I finally gave up and went elsewhere. When I got my records they were a joke. They did not represent what was happening at all. They were just stories that he made up. There was even a note for a day when I didn't even see him but was sent home after waiting a long time in the waiting room because he was running late. I was told he would call but he never did. He took copay after copay for visit after visit where nothing ended up happening. No decision. No action. Just kept taking my money and the insurance companies money.

Well worth the wait

Dr. Castro is an amazing doctor. I could not be happier with my results. I had double herniated cervical discs and by time I saw him I had been in excruciating pain and bed-ridden for months. I already tried two cervical prednisone injections by another doctor and when disc replacement became the only solution I began looking for a surgeon. I received several recommendations for Dr. Castro by former patients who had great results. Surgery was 4 hrs long and I was out of the hospital by late afternoon the next day with almost no pain. By the second week I felt like I wanted to go hiking (although I didn't, and instead continued minimal physical activity to allow the bones to heal/fuse) and 6 weeks later (as I write this) it is just as if I never herniated the discs to begin with. Also, the scar across my neck where he opened me is straight and healing nicely. I dont think it gets much better than Dr. Castro when it comes to competent orthopedic surgeons. As a side note: I thought his staff was kind and gracious to me the entire time.

Dr. Bryan A Castro is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Louisville, CO.