Dr. Bryan Chitwood Is this you?

3.6

Have you seen Dr. Bryan Chitwood?

Looking for a new primary care physician after last visit

Posted on November 6th, 2015

I chose Dr. Chitwood because I liked his value statements on the clinic's website. It's too bad that his bedside manner and patient communication skills don't match up. To me it seems that Dr. Chitwood already has a prognosis in mind even before he's entered the door to the exam room. It was hard to get my viewpoint in to alter, what I thought were, his pre-made decisions. I want my care to be a conversation with compromise and explanation (if needed), not a "do this, don't question me, and just walk away". I want to be both heard and listened to and I don't think I'm getting any of the back & forth that I expect with conversations with this Dr. I'll be seeking another GP soon.

DO NOT use this Doctor

Posted on February 20th, 2013

Dr Bryan Chitwood - DO NOT trust your care with this so called Doctor. Poor bedside manner, Family Medicine staff is rude and very unprofessional. Chitwood is argumentative and does not listen to the patient. There are soooo many better options out there. Do not subject yourself to this quack. He should have his license revoked.

frustrated

Posted on April 13th, 2012

I will not go back. He spent the entire apt. typing on the computer and said he had to listen to my chest for chart notes. That was the extent of his exam. Told me how he wanted me to se several other practioners in his office. Very unempathetic.

Posted on August 26th, 2011

Normally I wouldnt select a male doctor (I am female), but Dr. Chitwood was very highly recommended to me by a friend who is a nurse and had worked with him when he practiced at Kaiser. Since I too had been with Kaiser a number of years, I was looking for a doctor who understood the Kaiser system when I had to change insurance and couldnt be seen at Kaiser any longer. My nurse friend said that Dr. Chitwood was the best and to give him a try. I am so glad I did! He is a wonderful doctor, very kind and caring. He takes as much time as he needs or you need during office visits. Ive never had a problem with prescription refills in fact Im amazed at how quickly he takes care of them. Even though my pharmacy tells me to allow up to 72 hours for a refill, Im almost always able to pick up my medication the day after calling in for the refill. Overall Ive been very impressed with everyone at The Portland Clinic (I go to the one in Beaverton, but Ive also been to their Tigard location). However, Dr. Chitwoods medical assistant Kim it a true gem! She is the nicest, kindest most caring MA Ive ever encountered in a doctors office. Kim has worked magic and gotten me in to see the doctor when Ive had an emergency all so I could save from paying the extra money for a visit to the Urgent Care or ER. I adore Kim and am so appreciative of all that shes done to make my experience with Dr. Chitwood so positive. If you are looking for a wonderful, caring, professional and highly skilled doctor with an awesome MA in the Beaverton area I very highly recommend Dr. Chitwood.

A caring compasionate doctor who listens

Posted on May 25th, 2011

My experience with Dr Chitwood is that he cares about his patients and their quality of care. He is dedicated to providing the best medical outcomes for his patients and listens to them. Discusses diagnosis and treatment options, encouraging the patient to be active in their own health care and is genuinely committed to his profession.

Posted on November 30th, 2016