Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Bryan L Sowell has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Bryan L Sowell has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
Showing 5 of 12
Dr. Sowell has been my doctor since 2008. When the insurance company didn't approve my new diabetes medicine the office staff went above and beyond until they did. I never wait long and Dr. Sowell spends as much time as needed to address all my issues. In 2014, I complained of a little pain in my chest, not heart related. I was in ex-ray within minutes and referred to a pulmonologist within two weeks. It was cancer. I had part of my lung removed and am cancer free. It is due to Dr. Sowell's ability to listen and act on what me, his patient, is telling him. He didn't question or try to brush it off as a little ache and pain. I truly believe he saved my life, along with my oncologist. Thank you
After having the same doctor for years who would hardly ever show up on time to appointments, leaving you to wait for him for 2 to some 4 hours. I was really impressed with the way Dr. Sowell was courteous of how long he kept me waiting and also his staff, he takes out time to find out what the situation I was going through, and showed great concern...
he is a very good doctor. always takes the time to listen to why you are there. never makes you feel like you are being rushed. he makes sure you have had every shot and prevenative test that you are suppose to have. i have had good doctors before,but i have never had one that truly cares about you as an indiviual,and makes sure that everything possible is being done to solve all of your health issues. i can honestly say that all doctors,nurses and all other staff at this clinic have nothing but your health at interest. they all are very exceptional at their jobs!
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Patients' Choice Award (2010, 2011, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
32 Years Experience
Universidad Tecnologica De Santiago
Graduated in 1986
Medical College Of Wisconsin
Dr. Bryan L Sowell accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC SignatureValue Flex3
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsSan Bernardino Medical Group, 1700 N Waterman Ave, San Bernardino, CA
Dr. Bryan L Sowell is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Bernardino, CA.