Get the facts about contraceptive implants, including how they work, the benefits and risks, and what types of doctors implant them.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Bunyan S Dudley has the following 2 specialties
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Gynecologic Oncology
Gynecologic oncologists specialize in cancers that occur in the female reproductive system. This includes ovarian cancer, cervical cancer and endometrial cancer, as well as the less commonly talked about female reproductive cancers like vulvar cancer, vaginal cancer and fallopian tube cancer.
In addition to diagnosing the stage of your cancer and recommending treatment options, they’ll provide care throughout your treatment and help you manage your symptoms. They’ll often work closely with a pathologist and a radiologist to properly diagnose you and determine if your cancer is shrinking or spreading throughout treatment. They’re even trained to administer chemotherapy and to perform surgery to remove cancer when necessary.
- Hot Flashes
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 26
I am a new pt of Dr. Dudley's and came to him under unusual circustances. His office got me in right away and I had surgery a few weeks later. His bed side manner is the best and he takes his time to make sure you are at ease. Unfortunately my cancer had spread to the lymph nodes and he had to go thru the next phase in my treatment plan. He took the time to explain and answer all my questions and make me understand my diagnosis. His staff is professional and eager to help in any way. I could not be in better hands.
Dr. Dudley is more than a doctor. Dr. Dudley's excellence is in all areas. When a patient deals with a life changing illness and possibly death, Dr. Dudley never leaves your side, even when he is not actually there. I have never met a finer doctor nor have I ever been under the care of a finer doctor. I credit my total recovery from Ovarian Cancer to the security and trust I felt in Dudley and his staff that enabled me to work with Dudley and his staff to set a plan and reachable goals for recovery. Dudley put forth 150% and I in return gave him that back as a patient by following his directions as precisely as I could. Yes, the wait time is long sometimes. When I was most in need of medical attention, I did not experience a wait. I believe if there is a wait, it is because there is a patient that is in serious need of attention. I feel gratitude that I no longer am that patient. To me, there is no other Gynecological Oncologist in the area with the skill, knowledge, dedication, compassion and commitment to women dealing with gynecological cancer than Dr. Dudley.
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2013, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
41 Years Experience
Vanderbilt University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1977
University Of Texas Health System
Dr. Bunyan S Dudley accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TN Blue Network E
- BCBS TN Blue Network S
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsTennessee Oncology, 4220 Harding Pike Ste 200, Nashville, TN
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Bunyan S Dudley in this video.
Dr. Bunyan S Dudley is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Nashville, TN.