Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Burton Korelitz
Dr. Burton Korelitz, MD is a Doctor primarily located in New York, NY. He has 62 years of experience. His specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Korelitz is affiliated with Manhattan Eye, Ear and Throat Hospital and Lenox Hill Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Burton Korelitz has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Crohn's Disease
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 15
God forbid you mention something and even answer your own question! You will be billed for an office visit instead of a well check just because you may have said, "I didn't bring him in for this cold because I knew there was nothing that could be done about it" cha ching, they are going to bill you for that comment. Also very overly cautious, if your child has a mosquito bite, a red flag will be raised. Had to wait an hour and half just to get the flu vaccine. They had no appointments for well checks until a month out. There is no real separation between well and sick children. Rude staff. I'm changing doctors after being on a downhill ride for the last two years. Very disappointed
Dr. Korelitz saved me 30 yrs. ago. I have Crohn's Disease, & he is the Guru on this. He works WITH you with respect; not dictate TO you. He got me into remission in Lenox Hill Hosp. & to this day I have few flare-ups all of which are easily controlled. Thank you Dr. Korelitz. I'm in Florida now, but would fly to NYC if I needed serious ministering. Never waited more than 20 minutes.
Dr. Korelitz is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Manhattan Eye, Ear and Throat Hospital
Lenox Hill Hospital
62 Years Experience
Graduated in 1951
U S Department Of Veterans Affairs
Dr. Burton Korelitz accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsBurton I Korelitz MD, 155 E 76th St, New York, NY
Dr. Burton Korelitz is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New York, NY.