Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Butchau Lo
Dr. Butchau Lo, MD is a Doctor primarily located in San Mateo, CA, with another office in Redwood City, CA. He has 25 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Lo is affiliated with San Mateo Medical Center, Kaiser Foundation Hospital - Redwood City and Kaiser Foundation Hospital - Richmond. He speaks English.
Dr. Butchau Lo has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 4
Dr. Lo is definitely the kind of doctor a lot of people would find difficult to handle -- but trust me, he's one of the best you could find. Harvard-educated, he went to a top medical school and has been practicing for over 20 years. He's probably the most thorough doctor I've ever been to; even for a fairly simple rash, he exhaustively cataloged my symptoms and asked me insightful questions.He's a bit strange, yes, but he obviously cares very very much about providing the empirically best-possible care; I'd venture a guess that he comes very very close. If you want your doctor to be white, non-threatening, and friendly in a stereotypical way, Dr. Lo isn't for you. But if you want top-notch medical care and a true, deep caring for patients with a thorough understanding of the underlying medicine, he's your man.
Dr. Lo is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
San Mateo Medical Center
Kaiser Foundation Hospital - Redwood City
Kaiser Foundation Hospital - Richmond
Redwood City Medical Center
25 Years Experience
University Of California Davis School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1988
Dr. Butchau Lo accepts the following insurance providers.
- Kaiser Permanente
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Butchau Lo is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Mateo, CA.