- 42 years of experience
- Speaks English
- Case Western Reserve University School Of Medicine
- 1 specialty
- 24 expertise
- 1 location
The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Byers W Shaw Jr has the following 1 specialty
- Transplant Surgery
Transplant surgeons are trained to transplant organs from donors, whether living or deceased, to the patients in need. This includes liver, lung, heart, intestine, pancreas and kidney transplants as well as tissue, bone marrow and cornea transplants. Kidney disease, diabetes, cystic fibrosis and serious infections are just a few reasons you might need a transplant.
Your surgeon will consult with you prior to the operation for a pre-transplant evaluation and they will see you through your healing process to ensure you have no complications. Some surgeons get additional training and education on pediatric transplants to provide special care to children.
- Hepatic Encephalopathy
- Short Bowel Syndrome
- Portal Hypertension
- Intestinal Diseases
- Esophageal and Gastric Varices
- Hepatocellular Carcinoma
- Pancreatic Diseases
- Liver Failure
- Liver Cancer
- Kidney Transplant (Renal Transplant)
- Gastrointestinal Hemorrhage
- Biliary Tract Diseases
- Diabetic Kidney Disease (Diabetic Nephropathies)
- Liver Diseases
- Cytomegalovirus Infections
- Adult Respiratory Distress Syndrome (ARDS)
- Liver Transplantation
- Budd-Chiari Syndrome
- Biliary Atresia
- Liver Cirrhosis
- Liver Removal (Hepatectomy)
42 Years Experience
Case Western Reserve University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1976
Dr. Byers W Shaw Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsUniversity Of Nebraska Medical Center, 42nd And Emile, Omaha, NE
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Byers W Shaw Jr in this video.
Dr. Byers W Shaw Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Omaha, NE.