The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Lymphoma Lymphoma symptoms & the difference between Hodgkin's & Non-Hodgkin's.
- Pulmonary Embolism Facts about pulmonary embolism, including symptoms and risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Byron J Bohnn has the following 2 specialties
- Diagnostic Radiology
Radiologists help doctors get a closer look at what’s happening inside your body. If your primary care doctor wants to investigate your symptoms further, they may refer you to a radiologist to get an ultrasound or x-ray. Some radiologists specialize in mammography and breast imaging, which is who you see when you need a mammogram. A Radiologist can also determine if bones are broken or fractured after any kind of accident.
Radiologists are trained to perform MRIs and CT scans, both of which are used to determine the presence of diseases or disorders and help your doctor properly diagnose you. They can detect anything from tumors, bleeding and infections to bone and muscle disorders.
A radiologist is a physician who specializes in the use of medical imaging to diagnose and treat illnesses or injuries in patients.
The different types of medical imaging are X-ray, computed tomography (CT) scans, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), ultrasound, and nuclear medicine.
Radiologists are experts in these different types of tests and can advise a primary care doctor on which test is most appropriate in a specific case. These doctors also assist primary care doctors in analyzing the images produced by these tests in order to determine next steps necessary for treatment.
- Spinal Stenosis
- Spinal Fractures
- PET Scan
- CT Scan
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 3
Dr. Bohnn was the doctor on staff in the radiology dept. when my husband presented with a DVT back in June. He was amazing at explaining our options and performing a relatively new procedure in order to remove the clot and restore blood flow to the vein as well as finding the cause of the clot. It turns out my husband had something called May Thurner's syndrome, which we never would of known if he had not done this procedure and just put him on blood thinners. We are very grateful, and so appreciate Dr. Bohnn's dedication to my husbands 14 hour procedure, which ended with successfully placing 2 stents in his pelvic area and restoring good blood flow to his leg. We think Dr. Bohnn's persistence as well as his teams persistance is why my husband has made an amazing recovery. He is an excellent, dedicated doctor, and an amazing person!! Thank you Dr. Bohnn.
- University Of Texas Medical Branch School Of Medicine
Dr. Byron J Bohnn accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsMri Central Houston, 3301 S Shepherd Dr, Houston, TX
Dr. Byron J Bohnn is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Houston, TX.