Dr. Byron S Cooper Is this you?

2.7

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Byron S Cooper?

Dr. Cooper provides excellent care. He is always up to date on the latest treatments and research and discusses the latest research papers with me. He takes time to talk with me and he proactively identifies opportunities to minimize costs of prescribed medications. I have been his patient for over 30 years.

Lack of Concern!

Time to move on!!!

Good Physician, Rude Office Staff

Dr. Cooper has been my internist/cardiologist for several years now. He has a highly busy practice and he does genuinely care about his patients. I would trust him to treat any of member of my family. As far as my health care goes, he has been willing to see me on a moment's notice, has clearly explained my diagnosis, and has always called me with test results. Dr. Cooper has referred me to highly qualified doctors outside of his field of expertise and is always up front in what he thinks the problem is. However, his staff -- like many medical offices in DC --- are how shall I put it: rude. Not all of them, just a majority of them. Dr. Cooper is not unaware of this situation, and has said so to me on a number of occasions. But instead of complaining, he should take action. What he needs is a strong office manager, which I don't think he has --- otherwise there wouldn't be these problems. I think Cooper should get rid of many of these unhelpful employees, find new ones with a better attitude, cut back on the number of new patients, and hire additional doctors to share the load. Cooper cares about his patients, but I do think he is stressed and in need of a vacation and/or a hobby. A note: he treats many prominent members of the Washington establishment as well as high-level executives and civil servants. With more of these people getting hammered on by events outside of their control, they feel ill and end up in Cooper's office. This is an added stress for a physician and it's tough. This has been my experience; you may not like the staff, but the doctor is caring, competent, will go out of his way to make sure you understand your diagnosis; If you don't care for his office employees tell him so. If he looks exhausted, tell him he needs to take a break, because you don't want to be treated by a tired physician. Just say it.

Horrible Experience Both Times

Dr. Cooper seemed distracted, uninterested, rushed and dismissive during my visit and took phone calls while I was in his office. He provided extremely rude responses when I politely asked for potential alternative diagnoses when I felt his did not correlate well with my experience. I had bad chest pains and difficulty breathing, but he did not give me any prescriptions. This resulted in me experiencing an extreme episode shortly after the visit and having to go to urgent care for immediate treatment. Turns out he misdiagnosed me (confirmed by another doctor) and failed to properly treat my pulmonary disease. He is the rudest, most arrogant and inept doctor I have met and should study up on medicine as well as proper bedside manner.

J W

Awful man, totally distracted by ? while you are in his office; leaves you and gets up to go talk to someone on other things, smiles one minute and the next ignores you.Always afraid of patients not following his orders, "if you don't follow what I tell you, I am not responsible for your death.." and things to that effect. Brrr, find someone else!Staff is cold, don't seem to be happy working there

Very unprofessional doctor

He was on the phone for two minutes when I was in his room.

Dr. Byron S Cooper is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Washington, DC.