Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Schizophrenia Facts about schizophrenia, including the different types.
- Tardive Dyskinesia Facts about Tardive Dyskinesia, including symptoms and treatment
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Byron Law-Yone has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Addiction Medicine
An addiction medicine specialist is a doctor who treats patients with addictions to substances like drugs and alcohol or, in some cases, behaviors like gambling. Many of these specialists also treat the diseases that stem from these addictions.
These physicians are specially trained to prevent and treat the disease of addiction via psychiatric means, or other fields of medicine like family or internal medicine.
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Sleep Disorders
- Depressive Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 24
I came to him with poorly treated BPD, a condition I had suffered with for decades. He was able to help me return to a condition allowing me not just to survive in a stressful world but to thrive. I have been his patient for more than 6 years. He is outstanding. As for those who give him low marks: I see that most of them deal with addictions. Enough said. You have comments by angry addicts or their angry enablers.
Dr. Lawyone really helped me through a very rough point in my life, as i was addicted to pain killers for 6 years. Many people do not approve of suboxone, however, if you have not been through the whole addiction lifestyle, you would never understand. After 8 months of being a patient of Dr. Lawyone, i can sincerly say he does care, and wants me to succeed. I definelty recommend this doctor if you are having trouble with pain killers. He saved my life!!
- Institute Of Medicine Mandalay
Dr. Byron Law-Yone accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsByron Law Yone Md, 18170 Dallas Pkwy Ste 502, Dallas, TX
Dr. Byron Law-Yone is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Dallas, TX.