Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Byron P Lawhon has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Hot Flashes
- Pelvic Exam
- Menstrual Pain
- Child Birth
- Birth Control
- Pap Smear
- Women's Health
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 40
Montgomery is so fortunate to have Dr. Byron Lawhon. I have been his patient for the last decade and with each year it becomes more clear that being an obgyn is not simply his occupation, but his calling. Having experienced a spectrum of care including regular annual exams, prenatal care, infertility and surgery; I can validate his skill and unyielding dedication to his patients. He is knowledgable, generous with his time, and instills trusts in his patients through the relationships that he forms. Dr. Lawhon is incredibly compassionate, but also empathetic. Sometimes the news that I received throughout my time as his patient wasn't good and sometimes the diagnosis wasn't always clear. It is in those times and those cases that you can see Dr. Lawhon's skill, substance, and character. He is always hopeful, but perseveres to find answers and guide you through any difficult time until he reaches the desired outcome or best plan for your care. He is a physician who devotes himself to his patients, serving them with kindness, patience, and without hesitation.
Dr. Lawhon is personable and professional at the same time. He always makes me comfortable, and eases any tension with a remarkable air of hilarity. Two of my sisters, two of my nieces, an aunt and my best friend all use his services and have had wonderful experiences while in his care. I am now pregnant with my second child. Although a hard ordeal to go through, I did not have to have in vitro fertilization and have had minimal problems so far. I have seen him for 13 years and I will not change doctors, unless he retires.
Top 10 Doctor - City (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2014, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Lawhon is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
- University Of Alabama School Of Medicine
United States Naval Medical Center
Dr. Byron P Lawhon accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- BCBS AL PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsPhysicians For Women, 287 Mitylene Park Dr, Montgomery, AL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Byron P Lawhon in this video.
Dr. Byron P Lawhon is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Montgomery, AL.