- New York Presbyterian Lawrence Hospital
- New York Presbyterian Westchester Division
Featured Providers Near You
- Dr. Sima Patel, DOInternal Medicine and Pulmonary DiseaseVIEW FULL PROFILE
- NewYork-PresbyterianSurriya AhmadInternal Medicine and Pulmonary DiseaseVIEW FULL PROFILE
- Dr. Fouzia Syed, MDInternal Medicine and Pulmonary DiseaseVIEW FULL PROFILE
- NewYork-PresbyterianMohammed B Bashey, MDInternal Medicine and Pulmonary DiseaseVIEW FULL PROFILE
- Dr. Addi Abedalaziz Allowh Suleiman, MDInternal Medicine and Pulmonary DiseaseVIEW FULL PROFILE
- NewYork-PresbyterianJaron B. ZitrinInternal Medicine and Pulmonary DiseaseVIEW FULL PROFILE
- Easy scheduling
- Friendly staff
- Provides follow-up as needed
About Byron M. Thomashow
Byron M. Thomashow is a health care provider primarily located in New York, NY. They have 48 years of experience. Their specialties include Internal Medicine and Pulmonary Disease. Thomashow is affiliated with New York Presbyterian Lawrence Hospital and New York Presbyterian Westchester Division. They speak Spanish and English.
Byron M. Thomashow has 4 locations
ACCEPTING NEW PATIENTS
Byron M. Thomashow has the following 12 areas of expertise
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Weight Loss
- Pulmonary Emphysema (COPD)
- Respiration Disorders
- Lung Cancer
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2017, 2016, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2017, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2017, 2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
48 Years Experience
Graduated in 1974
Byron M. Thomashow Accepts the Following Insurance
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- MVP Preferred PPO
More about Byron M. Thomashow
Dr Byron Thomashow is a Clinical Professor of Medicine Columbia University Medical Center and an Attending Physician at the New York-Presbyterian Hospital. He serves as medical director of the Jo-Ann LeBuhn Center for Chest Disease on the Columbia campus. He was a member of the executive committee of the medical board of the New York-Presbyterian Hospital for most of the last 10 years and chaired the Quality Care Committee for the Society of Practitioners of the Columbia University Medical Center. He presently chairs the Respiratory Disease Council of the New York-Presbyterian Healthcare Network and co-chairs the New York Presbyterian smoking cessation initiative. He helped found and is now chairman of the board of directors of the COPD Foundation. He is the co-chair for the NY State COPD Summit (June 2010) and co-chair of the COPD Coalition National Meeting. He was a member of the steering committee and the co-primary investigator at the Columbia site for the National Emphysema Treatment Trial and has been and remains actively involved in multiple national clinical research projects.