Get the facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Calum A Macrae
Dr. Calum A Macrae, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Boston, MA. He has 33 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Macrae is affiliated with Baystate Medical Center, Metrowest Medical Center - Framingham Union Hospital and Emerson Hospital. Dr. Macrae has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Calum A Macrae has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Heart Block
- Heart Failure
- Dilated Cardiomyopathy
- Blood Clot
- Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy
- Long QT Syndrome (Long QT Interval Syndrome)
- Heart Diseases
- Heart Attack
- Unstable Angina
- Myocardial Diseases
- Wolff-Parkinson-White Syndrome
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- High Cholesterol
Showing 5 of 8
Dr. MacRae is an exceptional physician - his natural ability to be fully present with his patients, to listen to concerns, questions (& even unrelated life experience stories) with interest, compassion & humor is extraordinary. Plus, he is extremely knowledgeable, and ready to refer patients to other physicians who may have more experience &/or expertise in particular areas. He is forthcoming, generous with his time and attention. A rare find in this day & age.
Dr. Macrae has been my cardiologist for years. I love him to death! He is kind, extremely intelligent, understanding, upbeat, empathetic...I could go on and on. I trust him implicitly and would never go to another cardiologist (unless it was a specialist that he referred me to!) He does what he says he will do and follows up regardless of how busy he is (and he is VERY busy) since he works at one of the best hospitals in the world (Brigham and Womens), so he is the cream of the crop. He will answer all of my questions patiently and thoroughly and never makes me feel rushed at all. He is absolutely the best doctor I've ever seen in my life and I have no problem putting my life in his capable hands.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Macrae is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
33 Years Experience
University Of Edinburgh
Graduated in 1985
Dr. Calum A Macrae accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA HMO Blue with Managed Care Behavioral Health
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Tufts Health Plan
- Tufts PPO
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsBrigham And Womens Hospital, 75 Francis St, Boston, MA
Dr. Calum A Macrae is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Boston, MA.