- Medstar Union Memorial Hospital
- Sinai Hospital Of Baltimore
- The Johns Hopkins Hospital
- University Of Maryland Medical Center Midtown Campus
- Easy scheduling
- Trusted diagnosis
- Good bedside manner
About Camellus O Ezeugwu, MD, Ph.D
Camellus O Ezeugwu, MD, Ph.D is a health care provider primarily located in Baltimore, MD, with another office in Pikesville, MD. He has 33 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease, Critical Care Medicine, Internal Medicine and Interventional Cardiology.
Dr. Camellus O Ezeugwu, MD, Ph.D has 2 locations
Dr. Camellus O Ezeugwu, MD, Ph.D has the following 4 specialties
Dr. Camellus O Ezeugwu, MD, Ph.D has the following 5 areas of expertise
- Heart Block
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Unstable Angina
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
Patients' Choice Award (2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
33 Years Experience
Graduated in 1989
Dr. Camellus O Ezeugwu, MD, Ph.D Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Health Network Option Open Access
- Aetna Medicare
- BCBS PPO
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield HMO Medicaid
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield Medicaid
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield POS
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield PPO
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
- Most insurances accepted. Call us with any questions.
- United Healthcare
More about Dr. Camellus O Ezeugwu, MD, Ph.D
To provide excellent and high-quality services in patient care, teaching, research and leadership; backed by integrity and a strong commitment to Christian values and philanthropic activities.
Background: Dr. Ezeugwu is an American Board-Certified Cardiologist and an Assistant professor of Medicine at The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine. His specialties are in Cardiology (invasive and non-invasive), Internal Medicine, Critical Care and Health services. He possesses a unique acumen in medicine (clinical/research), leadership and entrepreneurship, backed with integrity and strong Christian values. He has authored many medical articles, book chapters, dissertations, health care blogs and videos etc. He considers his book on FAITH as his best work - Faith and Receiving from God – The Spiritual Analysis, 2017- USA Christian Faith Publishing, Inc.
He is the Founder/Director of the Just Heart Cardiovascular Group Inc., in Baltimore MD; Director of the National Cardiac Monitoring Center in Glenelg, Maryland and Founder/President of Just Heart Help Inc. - a Baltimore MD based non-profit organization.
He currently serves on the board for numerous organizations including:
- the clinical advisory board for Reliq Health Technologies (a global healthcare technology company)
- Collaborative Health System of MD LLC dba Chesapeake IPA
- Baltimore City Medical Society and foundation board
- Elder’s board for the Life Source International Church, Baltimore, MD, and the VP of Board of Trustees (and Mentor for Emerging Youths Entrepreneurs) for The Center for Social Awareness, Advocacy and Ethics, Inc. (CSAAEINC, USA).
- Previously, he served as the President of the Medical Staff of Bon Secours Hospital System, Baltimore, MD, President of the Enugu State Association in Baltimore, Maryland, Board member for the Association of Black Cardiologists
- Board member & medical outreach team for Nsukka USA; Protocol Officer and Assistant Social Welfare office for the prestigious People’s Club of Nigeria International DC (PCNI- DC).
- In 2006, as the leader, he directed Just Heart Cardiovascular Group Inc. to implementing a high quality and state of the art Electronic Medical Record program in all aspects of the practice.
- In 2005, he provided physician champion/leadership to Bon Secours Hospital in achieving excellence in core quality measures.
- He has also served as the Chairman of Peer Review Committee at Bon Secours Hospital, Baltimore, Maryland. As a philanthropist, in 2004, he founded Just Heart Help Inc. – a non-profit organization which has provided educational scholarships to many underprivileged students in United States, Nigeria and Zambia etc. With this organization he has been instrumental in refurbishing dilapidated primary schools, reconstructing of clean water supply systems and providing church furniture at Nsukka, Nigeria, in addition to support to many just causes and non-for-profit organizations. He has also provided significant financial assistance to many individuals, organizations, and to hurricane or disaster ravages places like Haiti, Bahamas etc. Presently, through his foundation, he provides over 45 scholarships annually to students in Nigeria and bible college in Zambia.
- 2022 Albert Nelson Marquis Lifetime Achievement Award
- 2017 Marquis Who’s Who LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT INDUCTEE – for “Outstanding Professional Dedication and Career Longevity”
- 2010/2013/2016 - Marquis’ Who’s Who in America (by Marquis Who’s Who Publication Board, 64th & 67 Editions)
- 2009 – 500 Greatest Geniuses of the 21st Century by American Biographical Institute
- 2014, 2013, 2009&2007 “Excellence Award – America’s Top Cardiologists” from Consumers Research Council, Washington DC
- America’s Top Physician Award for 2003-2004 and 2004-2005 from Consumers Research Council, Washington DC
- 2005 "Man Of The year Award" from American Biographical Institute for the "example he has set for his peers and the community"
- 2005/2006 edition - "Great Minds of the 21st. Century" by American Biographical Institute for "accomplishment in cardiology, medicine and leadership"
- 2006, he was inducted into the “Great Mind Hall of Fame – by the American Biographical Institute for “outstanding accomplishment in Medicine, Critical Care and Cardiology”
- 2006, he also received an “Award of Excellence” from The Bon Secour Medical Staff for “outstanding leadership, commitment and dedication to the missions of Bon Secour Hospital”.
- 2004 'Ronald Regan Republican Gold Medal Award - "for Outstanding Leadership in Business and commitment to President Ronald Regan vision of an entrepreneurial America."
Additionally, he is the current President of Chesapeake IPA, USA (consisting of over 100 medical practice groups) and, the President of the Baltimore City Medical Society, USA, for 2021/2022.
Dr. Ezeugwu is a Fellow of the American College of Physicians (FACP), American College of Cardiology (FACC), American Society of Cardiac Angiography and Intervention (FSCAI), and the Academy of Medicine of New Jersey.
*For a list of educational videos visit this link