Dr. Candace Fortune Is this you?

2.7

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Candace Fortune?

This Psychiatrist Needs Counseling

Posted on November 9th, 2017

There's something wrong with Dr Fortune. She's wrapped pretty tight, condescending, and over the years she has had numerous staff changes and office location changes. She used to be with a group but struck out on her own. Policies are tough, bills for a longer appointment but only saw me for 15 minutes. No therapy here, only medication prescriptions. There are better practices, trust me.

BEWARE OF THIS OFFICE

Posted on October 10th, 2016

I made an appointment about three months out (couldn't see me sooner) with Dr. Fortune. When my appointment finally arrived, they didn't even have me on their schedule OR in their system! When talking to the girl at the front desk, she said the old girl was fired and it was her fault and that she'll call me as soon as their is a cancellation and I'd be first in line. Well weeks later... of course I never heard from this office again. All this time and I could have seen someone else. BEWARE

Psychiatrist -checking me out

Posted on March 23rd, 2016

Not to sure how to read her. She went over all 16medications I brought in. She then very bluntly asked, what did I need with her? I explained few life change and said I needed help, still crying a lot of the time. Guess I insulted her because I used the word , therapist . She promptly told me she only managed meds and I did need to go to therapy too. I had no idea that she would not be helping me with therapy, found that very odd. Also, her office explain all about cancelling appointments, and even required that I leave a $100.00 deposit, which they have already taken off my credit card. Have 2nd appointment comming up, will hope it goes better.

Posted on March 27th, 2015

Terrible

Posted on September 27th, 2014

I have been in healthcare for years. I went to Dr. Fortune because my primary physician wanted me to seek advice from a psychiatrist for possible Adult ADD. When I went in, I handed Dr. Fortune some tests that I had taken online regarding the possible diagnosis. She looked at them and then asked some very basic questions. As I was speaking she did not even look at me. Along with that, she was doodling the entire time I was speaking to her. At the end of 35 minutes, in which I paid $285.00 cash, she handed me some paper work and asked me to return it in two weeks. I asked what I should do and she said that she would need to see me 5 or 6 times.. As I left, I looked down at the paperwork that Dr. Fortune asked me to fill out for our next appointment. It was the EXACT Adult ADD testing tool that I handed her at the beginning of our session. I went to my car in tears and dismay wondering what had just occurred. This woman is not fit to treat anybody!! It was truly my misfortune to see Dr. Fortune. It's too bad that your program doesn't allow you to give no stars.

Posted on January 13th, 2014

Dr Fortune is very knowledgeable and down to earth. She has helped me and my family. I highly recommend her if you need a psychiatrist.

Unethical

Posted on February 14th, 2012

This Dr. is not a good psychiatrist. She is cold,uncaring and not responsive. All she does is sit and listen and makes no comments or suggestions for improvement. Going to someone for this service, you would expect to at least feel that you are welcome and that you are getting some help for your issues.

Horrible and very rude

Posted on December 13th, 2011

I left my appointment after 15 minutes. She hardly made any eye contact with me. I could hardly hear her talking and wondered if she was even talking to me when she was asking questions. After her telling me to excersise more "work up a sweat" I decided I had enough! She took no consideration that I have an injury that keeps me from a stressful workout!Do not see her, go somewhere else!

Posted on August 30th, 2011

Last year was the very first year my 11 year old grandchild had success in school. The change is amazing. Dr. Fortune is caring,attentive and well educated. Pays attention to details. She provides refill perscriptions in a timely manner. Dr Fortune has come in on her day off to make sure the refills were ready for our vacation. Her staff is professional and considerate. Dr Fortune is on the ball. 4 years later my grandson still enjoys his visits.

A complete waste of my time.

Posted on July 14th, 2011

Miss Fortune, was anything but helpful. She lacked enthusiasm for her job and was overall arrogant and condescending. She could not make a proper diagnosis because she asked no questions; she presumed to know and have all the answers even after I informed her of my very reliably documented medical condition, which was not at all supported by her recommendations. I left there damaged, and will never return. This decision is supported by both my Therapist and Medical Doctor.

Posted on October 8th, 2010

As a patient,who treats both me and my son, I find Dr. Fortune herself to be of very high quality both in her professionalism with the patient during the appointment time and during treatment.I believe there have been past problems with non-medical office staff that will now be remedied with the change in practice location.

Posted on August 20th, 2010

I would not recommend Dr. Fortune to anyone. Over the course of two years she cancelled at least 5 appointments,on the last occasion she cancelled the appointment then the same day refused to refill a prescription for daily anti-depression meds for my teenage child on the grounds we did not have an appointment! Her behaviour is negligent at best.