Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Candace L Thompson has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Candace L Thompson has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 10
Nice enough doctor. No follow up what so ever. Ladies in office vary from nice to exceptionally rude. Ask a question, get attitude from some (Sylvia). I have been told repeatedly that the office or the doctor tried to follow up with me (no phone calls) and could not get me. Kim, the nurse practitioner (and Rachel) are okay and you usually get to see the doctor unless you insist. My Complaints about sore throat were met with talk...no look at my throat, no feeling it...nothing just talk. Want a partner in health, so maybe fit is not good for me.
Staff is absolutely amazing. They make going to the doctor a nice experience and they are so helpful and sweet. Lauren at the front desk is amazing and all the nurses are caring and have wonderful bedside manner. Whether it has been over the phone or in person, I have NEVER felt rushed and my questions are always answered thoroughly.
Have been seeing this doctor for many, many years.I did switch to another and SO happy I did. NEVER follows up on anything. Should have been in hospital as she did not diagnose my common illness, mix medications that can not be taken together - thanks to the pharmacist who caught that mistake.Has lost most of my records and all lab work.Most off all I do not trust this doctor to follow up with anything or trust anything this doctor says ! Beware !
23 Years Experience
Des Moines University
Graduated in 1995
Umass Memorial Healthcare
Dr. Candace L Thompson accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA HMO Blue Select
- BCBS MA HMO Blue with Managed Care Behavioral Health
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Tufts Health Plan
- Tufts Granite Advantage EPO, PPO and Saver
- Tufts PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Candace L Thompson is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Essex, MA.