Autism Spectrum Disorder
Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), including the different types and the most common symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Candice L Nelson
Dr. Candice L Nelson, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Sioux Falls, SD, with another office in Sioux Falls, SD. She has 20 years of experience. Her specialties include Pediatrics. Dr. Nelson is affiliated with Sanford USD Medical Center. Dr. Nelson has received 1 award. She speaks English.
Dr. Candice L Nelson has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Pediatric Diabetes
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 23
Dr. Nelson was my kids' pediatrician for two years. During that time, she was consistently late (45 minutes and more waiting in the exam room), seemed burdened by simple questions about care, and became condescending when I requested procedures be explained to me before they were done on my children. She doesn't respect her patient's privacy - at a well child exam for both my son and daughter (7 and 11 years old) she lifted my daughter's gown and stated, "no breasts budding yet", then pulled down her underwear and said, "only doctors are allowed to touch you there". She didn't explain that she was about to expose my daughter and she didn't ask my son to be taken out of the room or even turn around. The last straw before we changed doctors came when she told my daughter that she needs to grow up in response to her stating that needles scared her. Also, her nurse came into the room at one appointment and administered a vaccine to my infant without verifying her identity or explaining what was happening. That office is a mess of unprofessional, sub-par providers.
I had questions about my sons health and what was going on. I called and left 3 messages and never recieved any communication at all. No call back or anything. We saw a resident and she was ruder than all get out and Dr. Nelson who was very friendly and nice only spent a minute in the room. I understand Dr. Nelson was letting the resident do her thing, but no communication really bugs me. I am starting to remember why I have always stuck with Avera...
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Dr. Nelson is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
20 Years Experience
University Of North Dakota School Of Medicine And Health Sciences
Graduated in 1998
University Of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics
Dr. Candice L Nelson accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MN Blue Cross Accord
- BCBS MN BlueConnect
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry IA PPO
HealthPartners - MN
- HealthPartners MN CareChoices
- HealthPartners MN CentraChoice
- HealthPartners MN Distinctions II
- HealthPartners Open Access
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Preferred One PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Medica Choice
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Candice L Nelson in this video.
Dr. Candice L Nelson is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Sioux Falls, SD.