Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Candyce A Lucian has the following 1 specialty
- General Practice
A general practitioner is similar to a family practitioner in that they treat patients of all ages with a variety of health concerns. These doctors treat everyday ailments, some acute and chronic diseases, and also provid health checkups, physicals, inoculations and preventative care.
General practitioners differ from family practitioners because they are not required to complete an additional residency in family medicine after completing their medical school residency. Like family practitioners, general practitioners will also provide referrals to patients who are in need of a specialist.
- Flu (Human Influenza)
Showing 5 of 29
Will never go back to this doctor. Her staff is rude. Her hours are ridiculous and she has a huge ego. One reviewer calls her "conservative". I don't consider it conservative, but that she isn't aggressive at all in treatment or in getting to the bottom of her patients' health issues. If you don't go to the doctor for anything but yearly physicals, she'd be fine, but if you have health issues and are looking to get to the bottom of things and get up to date treatments or even some compassion, then you do NOT want to go to this doctor!
Like the 2nd reviewer, I was also a patient of this doctor for over 15 years. I do agree that she isn't "fancy" and she is conservative, but I also need to say that she doesn't "say it as like is. Period." ...She says things as SHE sees it, which in my case (like the earliest review states) was WRONG. I agree that she has a bit of an ego as she didn't give me any credit for knowing anything about my own body and the symptoms I was having. I stuck with her for years because I honestly thought all doctors were pretty much the same. Last year I decided I couldn't take it any longer and I switched. I couldn't be happier and wish I would have switched 15 years ago. Find a doctor who LISTENS to their patients. You won't find that at this office.
I don't recommend. Like the other reviewer said, there's very little wait time to be seen but this doctor lacks empathy and has a bit of an ego. At first I thought she was thorough as she did run a few tests initially, but when those tests showed nothing, she gave up trying to find anything else wrong and made me feel like my symptoms were in my head. It took going to another doctor to get accurately diagnosed. Needless to say I've moved on. I can not recommend this doctor. I'm suprised that this is the doctor that NWPA chose as their head.
Dr. Lucian is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
29 Years Experience
Kirksville College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 1989
Firelands Regional Medical Center
Dr. Candyce A Lucian accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- Highmark KeystoneBlue
- Highmark PPOBlue
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
UPMC Health Plan
- UPMC PPO
- UPMC Premium Network Plans
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsNw Physicians Associates, 8508 State Highway 285, Conneaut Lake, PA
Dr. Candyce A Lucian is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Conneaut Lake, PA.