Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Caner Sakin has the following 2 specialties
A rheumatologist is a physician who has received extensive training in diagnosing and treating rheumatic conditions. Rheumatic conditions involve the joints, soft tissues, autoimmune system, vascular system, and connective tissues.
Some of the conditions that rheumatologists treat are rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, gout, sarcoidosis, vasculitis, and lupus. These are all conditions that involve a lot of pain and make mobility difficult. Rheumatologists use medications, such as analgesics, NSAIDs, steroids, DMARDs, infliximab, and adalimumab, as well as occupational therapy, in order to decrease pain and improve a patient's quality of life.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Caner Sakin has the following 8 expertise
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Rheumatic Diseases
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
Showing 5 of 21
I have a lupus diagnosis. The patient education regarding the disease has been feeble, at best. I don't have have a medical background and am relying more on the interned to understand the disease, side effects and repercussions. In today's healthcare world, I'm surprised there isn't a case/care manager for me or a clinical coordination team to facilitate my integrated care other than a fifteen minute quarterly provider visit.
Dr Sakin, spends quite a bit of time with me answering questions, as I always bring my husband a d with me for my Fibromyalgia appointments as we are both trying to understand how best to help me. he has been very thorough answering our questions and explaining my condition to us. Dr Sankin suggest a few choices of medications and then you go to your regular Dr. To help you choose the medication that may work best for you after your Dr explains what each suggested medication is and how it may help you also your Dr will check your medications your already taking checking to see what works best with what you're already taking. Great Dr. Wonderful staff. Yes I would Recommend Dr Caner Sam in to others.
After being tentatively diagnosed with RA by my PCP, I made an appointment fiwth this doctor. Twice my appointment was canceled due to his illness. When I expressed dismay because I was in pain, instead of apologizing or offering a solution, the nurse rudely chided me and said, "people get sick, you know". I told them forget it, I would find another doctor, but they kept pestering me for the next 6 months asking why I hadn't rescheduled yet. Terrible.
12 Years Experience
Ohio State University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 2006
Dr. Caner Sakin accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- Premera Heritage Signature
- Premera Heritage and Heritage Plus 1
- Premera LifeWise Connect
Regence Health Plans
- Regence WA Preferred Provider Network
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsValley Medical Center, 400 S 43rd St, Renton, WA
Dr. Caner Sakin is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Renton, WA.