Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Cara Dodson has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
- Birth Control
- Child Birth
- Hot Flashes
- Menstrual Pain
- Pap Smear
- Pelvic Exam
- Women's Health
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 15
I had been calling the to make an appointment for over one week, and they would take down my information but would never get back to me. So I booked an appointment with Dodson in zocdoc.com saying ``I am paying by myself'' and the office staff called within a few hours to confirm the appointment and ask more information. The moment they learned I actually have insurance, they CANCELLED the appointment! I guess they only want people that pay with cash. It is not only horrible, it is cruel to jerk pregnant women around for weeks, not giving them appointments, and then canceling appointments if they have insurance. This doctor and her practice will be reported to the AMA and state medical boards for these grossly unethical practices.
Dr. Dodson was the best doctor. I am sad that I can no longer be her patient. I have moved away. I hope to find someone out here half as good as her. Dr. Dodson was recommended to me by a friend of mine. During my first exam, she diagnosed me with something my other doctors missed. We had an office procedure done. I am a serious afraidy cat and she made me, not so afraid. Another time, when I had to have surgery she reassured me and held my hand while I was going under. She calmed me. I was shaking and cold and she made me feel warm and calm. I can't thank her enough for making GYN visits not so uncomfortable. I HIGHLY recommended her to anyone and everyone.
Dr. Dodson is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
NYU Langone Medical Center
Nyu Hospitals Center
St Vincent's Midtown Hospital
St Vincents Hospital And Medical Center Manhattan
Saint Vincent's Catholic Medical Centers of New York
St Vincents Catholic Medical Center
Rusk Institute of Rehabilitation Medicine
Nyu Hospital For Joint Diseases
16 Years Experience
University Of Nebraska College Of Medicine
Graduated in 2001
Dr. Cara Dodson accepts the following insurance providers.
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsSpring Ob/Gyn PC, 135 Spring St, New York, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Cara Dodson in this video.
Dr. Cara Dodson is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New York, NY.