Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Carey W Mckain has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Carey W Mckain has the following 14 expertise
- Herniated Disc
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Joint Replacement
- Bone Fracture
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Hip Surgery
- Sports Medicine
Dr. Carey W Mckain has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 3 of 15
Dr. Carey McKain is an exceptional man and physician. He is the most caring, compassionate and dedicated doctor I have ever encountered. My mother has always said the Lord sent him to us as my brother was born with serious problems in both knees; his doctor at Vanderbilt died and we were left with "sports" doctors until a woman told us about Dr. McKain. When he did a total knee replacement for my brother, he came out, spoke with us and explained what he had done; as he started to leave, my youngest nephew (he was 6) said "so my daddy isn't going to die?" Dr. McKain stopped, came back sat down between my two nephews and talked to them for 15 minutes assuring them their father would be fine. This man is an excellent orthopedic doctor and there are six members of my family who have him as our doctor.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2014, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2010, 2011, 2015, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
42 Years Experience
Duke University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1976
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsCharles George Va Medical Center, 1100 Tunnel Rd, Asheville, NC
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Carey W Mckain, MD - Orthopaedic Surgery in Asheville, NC, in this video.
Dr. Carey W Mckain is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Asheville, NC.