Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Carey B Paul IV has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Carey B Paul IV has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Carey B Paul IV has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Carey B Paul IV is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 18
With this office I always have so much trouble trying to even schedule an appointment. I have not ever seen Dr. Carey and pretty much gave up trying to see him as long as Judy can handle it, then I'm fine with that. The staff is pretty friendly some can be a little rude at times. Judy is nice, a little weird and slow, but she gets the job done. The only problem I have with this place is the waiting. Waiting to be seen waiting to schedule an appointment. I would not recommend this place unless you have the patience to wait
I went to this doctor about 10 years ago and had to wait in the waiting room for about an hour after my appointment time and then was left in the patient room for another hour without anyone even checking in or letting me know what was going on. I eventually opened the door, in my frustration with 3 small children in that room with me, and yelled "does anybody work here?" They just looked at me and didn't say a thing so I slammed the door shut. They came in shortly after. I decided to give this office another chance since so much time has passed and it is close to home. Dr Paul did take his time with me when I got to see him. My second appt, however, was with Judy at 3:45 pm. She popped her head into the room at 5:20 pm to let me know she would be with me soon. REALLY!?!! Now trying to get test results is a joke too. Called on a Monday morning 8:10 am for results. They said they would have Judy call me back. Called them at 3 pm since I hadn't heard from them and this office asst said Judy wasn't even there. I asked why they didn't tell me that when I called in the morning. She didn't even answer me. No results. Called again the next day at 2:40pm, on hold for 15 mins wondering if they forgot about me! Had to hang up and will call back. I will definitely be looking for another doctor!!
The doctor is so difficult to get a hold of him you have to book up almost two months in advance. Otherwise you are stuck with his Physician Assistant Judy. She seems at times to have no idea as to what she is doing. She orders tests that Dr. Paul cancels, she has no bedside manner. She's forgetful. She mumbles at times and spends more time on her computer than with you. Dr. Paul seemed more like a sales rep from some pharmaceutical company than a caring physician. The staff is extremely unprofessional- and that's being NICE. The biggest mistake I've made was thinking these people were competent..
Dr. Paul is a caring doctor who takes the time to explain medical problems without my having to ask. He is willing to explain things in detail and I never feel rushed. With the exception of the RN, the rest of the staff, however, are unfriendly and I don't like having to ask them questions. They make me feel like I am imposing on them. It's even worse when I have to phone in for an appointment or follow-up on something that they were supposed to have done but forgot or didn't bother to deal with. Beware...even though Dr. Paul is an excellent doctor, you might have to wait a month or more to see him. By then you have either recovered on your own, or have had to go to extended care or the emergency room. The person who schedules appointments will refuse to consider your need to see the doctor a priority.
My husband and I both chose Dr Paul as our primary care physician and boy do I regret it. Staff is not very friendly, I have yet to ever meet Dr Paul since he only works mornings and you have to schedule an appt at least 2 months out, I have actually never even seen the mans face. To get an appt with his PA Judy you still have to schedule pretty far in advance and she has horrible bedside manner and rushes through appt. My husband and I have both needed referrals to see specialists, I needed one to see a dermatologist for an unusual spot on my skin, that took 2 months to get, my husband needed one to see a sleep apnea specialist and that took 4 months to get and he only got it because I mentioned how long that was taking when I was calling to find out why my referral was taking so long. Needless to say when I found out I was going to need a referral to see an OBGYN for my pregnancy I was pretty certain that I was gonna be ready to give birth before I would even get that referral...geesh, miraculously they managed to process that one through within 2 days. It is one thing if it really takes that long but I have bypassed their office all together and called Inland Healthcare Group directly and they never even had records of referrals being processed until I complained to the healthcare group directly. I am currently searching for a new dr approved by our insurance because after 2 yrs of trying to give them a chance I give up. I would not recommend this Drs office at all,
Dr. Paul is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
38 Years Experience
Ohio State University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1980
Mt Carmel Medical Center
Dr. Carey B Paul IV accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Health Net SmartCare Small Group
- Humana Choice POS
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsArrow West Health Center, 7291 Boulder Ave Ste 2C, Highland, CA
Dr. Carey B Paul IV is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Highland, CA.