Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Carina M Alfaro-Franco
Dr. Carina M Alfaro-Franco, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Hamilton, NY, with another office in Buffalo, NY. She has 27 years of experience. Her specialties include Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease and Cardiology. She speaks English.
Dr. Carina M Alfaro-Franco has 2 locations
100 High St
Buffalo, NY 14203
Book Online Now
Dr. Carina M Alfaro-Franco has the following 3 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.<br>These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Cardiovascular Disease
Cardiologists are doctors who specialize in the diagnosis, prevention and treatment of conditions related to the heart and blood vessels.<br>A patient may be referred to a cardiologist if he experiences symptoms like chest pains, shortness of breath, dizziness, or high blood pressure. The physician will then evaluate your symptoms, take your health and family history and your weight. The cardiologist may order additional diagnostic tests, such as an echocardiogram, X-ray or blood tests. If necessary, the cardiologist may also call for a cardiac catheterization - a procedure in which a small tube is inserted into or near the heart that can take pictures of the heart's activity, or relieve blockage.
Once determining whether there is a heart condition, a cardiologist will treat a patient through cholesterol management, cardiac rehabilitation, and fitness. If surgical intervention is required, like open-heart surgery, a cardiologist will make that determination, but a cardiothoracic surgeon will perform the procedure.ttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Dr. Carina M Alfaro-Franco has the following 13 expertise
- Heart Diseases
- Heart Failure
- Unstable Angina
- High Cholesterol
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Heart Attack
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
- Blood Clot
Dr. Carina M Alfaro-Franco is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 3
Needs to educate
Self-verified patient of Dr. Carina M Alfaro-Franco - Posted on April 6th, 2017
Self-verified patient of Dr. Carina M Alfaro-Franco - Posted on October 19th, 2010
Self-verified patient of Dr. Carina M Alfaro-Franco - Posted on August 7th, 2010
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
27 Years Experience
- Univ Of Tx Sw Medical Ctr
University Of Texas Health Science Center
Dr. Carina M Alfaro-Franco Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Dr. Carina M Alfaro-Franco's office for more information.
164 Broad St Hamilton, NY : (315) 824-4600
100 High St Buffalo, NY 14203
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Carina M Alfaro-Franco, MD - Cardiovascular Disease in Hamilton, NY, in this video.
Dr. Carina M Alfaro-Franco is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Hamilton, NY.