Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Carl Berger has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Carl Berger has the following 52 expertise
- Bipolar Disorder
- Sleep Apnea (Sleep Apnea Syndromes)
- Head Trauma (Craniocerebral Trauma)
- Tuberous Sclerosis
- Cerebral Palsy
- Neck Pain
- Vertebral Artery Dissection
- Sleep Disorders
- Spinal Stenosis
- Basal Ganglia Cerebrovascular Disease
- Carotid Stenosis
- Facial Pain
- Pelvic Pain
- Pseudotumor Cerebri
- Carotid Artery Diseases (CAD)
- Seizure Disorders
- Mood Disorders
- Movement Disorders
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Guillain-Barre Syndrome
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Clinical Depression
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS)
- Dementia Related Behavioral Disorders
- Meniere's Disease
- Primary Headache Disorders
- Motor Neuron Disease
- Mental Illness
- Personality Disorder
- Myasthenia Gravis
- Autonomic Dysreflexia
- Brain Cancer
- Depressive Disorder
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Memory Disorders
- Back Pain
- Mental Retardation
Dr. Carl Berger has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 5
Dr. Berger is of a rare breed of psychiatrists that takes his time to get to know the patient, and dig out their core issues to try and resolve them rather then control the outward symptoms with drugs. He will never talk at you, down to you, or leave you with that feeling of being processed on a conveyor belt like you sometimes get with other physicians.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
56 Years Experience
University Of Pennsylvania School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1962
University Of Pennsylvania Health System
Dr. Carl Berger accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- IBC Keystone HMO POS
- IBC Personal Choice PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsCarl Berger Md, 301 S 8th St Ste 2K, Philadelphia, PA
Dr. Carl Berger is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Philadelphia, PA.