Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Carl Bessent has the following 2 specialties
- Emergency Medicine
An emergency physician is a doctor who is an expert in handling conditions of an urgent and extremely dangerous nature. These specialists work in the emergency room (ER) departments of hospitals where they oversee cases involving cardiac distress, trauma, fractures, lacerations and other acute conditions.
Emergency physicians are specially trained to make urgent life-saving decisions to treat patients during an emergency medical crisis. These doctors diagnose and stabilize patients before they are either well enough to be discharged, or transferred to the appropriate department for long-term care.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Carl Bessent is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 1
This doctor gave inaccurate medical information and dismissed any questioning or clarification on what he said, gave an incorrect diagnosis of something he *said* he wouldn't know if it was right in front of him and which squarely put the fault of the issue on the patient's shoulders, did not address or treat any of the individual symptoms, left the room when the patient was sobbing uncontrollably and loudly discussed the patient and medical issues in the hallway where other patients and staff were sitting and working. He also had horrible manners - he never bothered to introduce himself and never even acknowledged the patient's spouse in the room, even when he asked questions. He sent the patient home from the ER without having provided or facilitated the diagnostic procedures the patient was sent there by another practioner for and while the patient was so distraught she was becoming sick from crying and while she was fairly seriously dehydrated.
Dr. Bessent is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
St Joseph Medical Center
40 Years Experience
University of Maryland
Graduated in 1973
University Of Maryland Medical System
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsODEPA, 809 Glen Eagles Ct, Towson, MD
Dr. Carl Bessent is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Towson, MD.