Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Carl W Christensen
Dr. Carl W Christensen, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Detroit, MI, with another office in Ann Arbor, MI. He has 39 years of experience. His specialties include Obstetrics & Gynecology, Addiction Medicine and Gynecology. Dr. Christensen is affiliated with Hutzel Womens Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Carl W Christensen has the following 3 specialties
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Addiction Medicine
An addiction medicine specialist is a doctor who treats patients with addictions to substances like drugs and alcohol or, in some cases, behaviors like gambling. Many of these specialists also treat the diseases that stem from these addictions.
These physicians are specially trained to prevent and treat the disease of addiction via psychiatric means, or other fields of medicine like family or internal medicine.
Dr. Carl W Christensen has the following 6 expertise
- Hot Flashes
- Opioid-Related Addiction Disorders
- HIV Infections
Dr. Carl W Christensen is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 31
This doctor and his office was nothing but problems since day one. He comes in the office and sees you for like 2 mins each at each appointment and every single time I had to wait an average of 3 or 4 hours to see him not to mention they would forget you were waiting. I would still be waiting when some staff was leaving for the day to go home, and when I had my baby he didnt even see me one time in the hospital or the baby and I didn't hear from him after that. All the receptionists are complete jerks and they all have an attitude and when my husband needed his FMLA paperwork filled out they didnt offer to do it until a month after I gave birth and then they told us to drop it off and it would be filled out in 4 days or less so we did, later that day they called saying he would only do it in person so we had to schedule an appointment (which I am assuming was so he could bill my insurance one more time) and when we got there they had lost the paper work and when my husband said how we have had nothing but issues with this place he refused to fill out the FMLA paperwork and told us to leave! I went to this doctor because I was pregnant and on methadone and I wanted someone who was equipped to deal with my specific situation, well it was all for nothing and any doctor could have handled it much better I am sure bc he did nothing special for me or my baby and his residents saw me more then him, he did not deliver baby nor did any of the residents or anyone I even knew! I have never had a worst experience in my life at a medical establishmeng and I would never go to this doctor again, I feel bad for anyone who does.
I think Dr. Christensen is a wonderful doctor. My husband has Post Stroke Chronic Pain Syndrome and Dr. Christensen was responsible for detoxing him. He did a fantastic job and treated him with respect and with a high degree of professionalism. Our experience was great and I would highly recommend he or his wife.
Dr. Christensen is an amazing doctor!!! He has helped me in so many ways and has improved my quality of life so much!!! Not only has he played a priceless role in my life as my physician, He has given me a chance to live a normal life. I am forever grateful for him and his outstanding knowledge and work!!! I HIGHLY recommend him!!!!
Dr. Christensen is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
39 Years Experience
Wayne State University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1979
Wayne State University School Of Medicine
Dr. Carl W Christensen accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- HAP Preferred PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Carl W Christensen is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Detroit, MI.