Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Carl L Christie has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Birth Control
- Menstrual Pain
- Pap Smear
- Women's Health
- Pelvic Exam
- Child Birth
Showing 5 of 9
In June of 2017 I was diagnosed with stage 3 Ovarian cancer. I was referred to Carl Christie. It took awhile to get in to see him but it was worth the wait. He & Kendra lifted my Spirit & helped me understand what was happening in my body. I'm a woman of faith which made it easy to accept the out come knowing that my God could do anything. Dr. Christie is also a man of faith, God knew where He wanted me. My surgery was done on August 2nd without any problems. Dr. Christie & Kendra were at my every call after the surgery & throughout my healing process. No matter what time of night or day I called one of them would immediately return my call. I have recommended them to many who are facing this type of calamity in their lives. Is he hard to get into? You bet. He's one of the best & there's nothing better than having a doctor who can help you "have a little faith"
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Christie is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
16 Years Experience
New York College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 2002
Dr. Carl L Christie accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry IA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- Wellmark Alliance Select
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsIowa Heart Center, 411 Laurel St Ste A250, Des Moines, IA
Dr. Carl L Christie is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Des Moines, IA.