Autism Spectrum Disorder
Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), including the different types and the most common symptoms.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Huntington’s Disease Learn about Huntington’s Disease, including risk factors and causes
- Insomnia Facts about insomnia; who gets it and what causes it.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Carl Crosley
Dr. Carl Crosley, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Syracuse, NY. He has 50 years of experience. His specialties include Child Neurology and Neurology. Dr. Crosley is affiliated with Crouse Hospital, SUNY Upstate Medical University and Suny Health Science Acute Care. He speaks English.
Dr. Carl Crosley has the following 2 specialties
- Child Neurology
Pediatric neurologists diagnose neurological conditions in children as young as newborn, all the way up to adolescence. They can recommend treatment for sleep disorders, head injuries and headaches, but they also specialize in issues such as epilepsy, seizures and brain tumors.
Their expertise in childhood development and the nervous system make them an excellent resource for parents of children with autism, cerebral palsy, mental development issues or learning disabilities. You can consult with a pediatric neurologist before, during and after diagnosis depending on your child's specific condition and needs.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Carl Crosley has the following 6 expertise
- Anticonvulsive Drugs
- Cerebral Palsy
- Muscle Weakness
- Primary Headache Disorders
- Seizure Disorders
Dr. Carl Crosley has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Carl Crosley is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 6
He was a very thorough doctor but I was a little put off by the fact that he was constantly kissing my daughter on her cheek and forhead. In today's society that is not acceptable. Also, he was kind of rude to me and my husband; I don't know if he was kidding around or what, but it was not being received as such.
Dr. Crosley is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Suny Health Science Acute Care
Samaritan Medical Center
University Hospital SUNY Health Science Center
New York University
Crouse Health Hospital
New York University Hospital
University Hospital Hsc Syracuse
Faxton-Saint Luke's Healthcare
50 Years Experience
University Of Pennsylvania School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1967
Bronx Lebanon Hospital Center
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsUPSTATE UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL, 750 E Adams St, Syracuse, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Carl Crosley in this video.
Dr. Carl Crosley is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Syracuse, NY.