Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Carl M Da Cunha has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Carl M Da Cunha has the following 13 expertise
- Bipolar Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Depressive Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Clinical Depression
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
- Personality Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
Dr. Carl M Da Cunha has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Carl M Da Cunha is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 22
I have been with Dr Da Cunha for 2 years now. I am very happy to be a patient in his office. He and his assistant Jessica treat me like family. She always asks me how my grand kids are and remembers their names. She even called me to check on me on a Saturday night after having a bad time and calling to let her know. She goes above and beyond.
My wife had an appointment for 1 pm. That left plenty of time for me to talk with other patients about how long we had to wait. A couple had an appointment for 1:15 and after 2 solid hours of waiting I told them I felt sorry for them that they would have to wait so long. Finally at 3:25 (2 hours and 25 minutes of waiting) Dr Da Cunha asked the couple to step into his office. I protested that we had an earlier appointment. He seemed unwilling to believe me, but I insisted. After consulting with his staff, he agreed that we were right. I asked if I could come into the consultation room with my wife. He refused. I then asked him about the clinic's policy on making appointments and seeing patients out of turn. He said he would not answer my question. I then asked one of the staff the same question and got the same refusal, even more impolitely (rudely would be a more accurate term). I have had bad experiences with doctors, but nothing compares with the treatment I received here. Dr Da Cunha may be a fine doctor but I never got a chance to know. He told my wife that he did not need to see her again, probably eager to get rid of a troublesome patient. As my title says, I hope your experience is better than mine. I don't recommend that you give it a try.
University Of Tennessee Health Science Center
Dr. Carl M Da Cunha accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TN Blue Network E
- BCBS TN Blue Network S
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana Memphis PPOx
- Multiplan PPO
Locations & DirectionsKaren Barry Md Pc, 1068 Cresthaven Rd Ste 110, Memphis, TN
Dr. Carl M Da Cunha is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Memphis, TN.