Get the facts about contraceptive implants, including how they work, the benefits and risks, and what types of doctors implant them.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Carl W Dohn Jr has the following 2 specialties
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Pap Smear
- Women's Health
- Menstrual Pain
- Pelvic Exam
- Breast Exam
- Birth Control
- Hot Flashes
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 22
I was seeing a doctor in Florida who had me coming in for one appointment after the next. I had a pre-cancerous condition and needed a hysterectomy. The doctor had me come in for a biopsy then wanted me back for a d&c so that he could biopsy ALL the material in my uterus. I did not understand why if he had already done a biopsy. I then called Dr.Dohn! He did not understand why I was not able to get the hysterectomy and the doctor could send in the entire removed uterus for a biopsy. I had an appointment for the following monday (I called on a friday.) I went in, he had reviewed my medical records and set me up an appointment for surgery 16 days later. I had a full hysterectomy and also had my tubes and ovaries removed. Once opened up, he found another problem with my uterus growing into my muscles, he fixed that then. Everything went super smooth, I was very confident it would, and he was AMAZING!!! His staff were excellent as well, I went to his office yesterday (one week after surgery) and the nurse removed my staples! I will never see another doctor as long as Dr.Dohn is working in the area. I drive over an hour away to get to his office and would not consider a doctor next door over him!!! Thank you Dr.Dohn and the nurses who have taken great care of me!!!
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2016, 2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
43 Years Experience
Medical College Of Georgia School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1975
University Of Florida Health Shands Hospital
Dr. Carl W Dohn Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Open Access POS Alternate Network
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Open Access POS
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsCarl W Dohn Jr Md Pc, 2320 Heron St, Brunswick, GA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Carl W Dohn Jr in this video.
Dr. Carl W Dohn Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Brunswick, GA.