Dr. Carl E Gessner Is this you?

3.2

Have you seen Dr. Carl E Gessner?

Great Gastroenterologist

He took great care of me and made me feel at ease!

Great procedure! Dr. Gressner and his staff were friendly and caring ! Five stars all around !

I saw Dr. Gessner a few times over the course of several years. At first, I thought he was wonderful, caring, took time, etc. I don't know if he just developed a God-complex over time or what but a couple of years ago I started experiencing weird, multi-system symptoms, primarily digestive. Naturally, I went back to him.He ran a few tests and was repeatedly dismissive about my concerns, patronizingly saying it was probably just anxiety, as I "have a history of that" (I don't). When I requested further testing, he actually had the kahunas to say, "it's not like you're dying or anything." What an insensitive, arrogant thing to say!A few short months later, I was in Duke Hospital for a month indeed fighting for my life, and no, it wasn't from anxiety. You couldn't pay me enough to go back to Dr. Gessner!

Patient Feedback

Seems very nice first meeting but as you get to know him you learn he is very controlling, insensitive, and arrogant.