Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at email@example.com if you have any additional information.
Get the facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Carl Hanson
Dr. Carl Hanson, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Spokane, WA. He has 37 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease, Internal Medicine and Cardiology. Dr. Hanson is affiliated with Bonner General Hospital, Mount Carmel Hospital and Sacred Heart Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Carl Hanson has the following 3 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Cardiologists are doctors who specialize in the diagnosis, prevention and treatment of conditions related to the heart and blood vessels.
A patient may be referred to a cardiologist if he experiences symptoms like chest pains, shortness of breath, dizziness, or high blood pressure. The physician will then evaluate your symptoms, take your health and family history and your weight. The cardiologist may order additional diagnostic tests, such as an echocardiogram, X-ray or blood tests. If necessary, the cardiologist may also call for a cardiac catheterization - a procedure in which a small tube is inserted into or near the heart that can take pictures of the heart's activity, or relieve blockage.
Once determining whether there is a heart condition, a cardiologist will treat a patient through cholesterol management, cardiac rehabilitation, and fitness. If surgical intervention is required, like open-heart surgery, a cardiologist will make that determination, but a cardiothoracic surgeon will perform the procedure.
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Unstable Angina
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 3
Dr Hanson is my Cardiologist in Sandpoint Id. In order to fill a prescription he wanted to see me. In his office I filled out a very common patient check list of all the symptoms or problems. Dr Hanson was very thorough and listened to my comments. About a week later I got a phone call on the weekend, early morning. He asked me about the "blood" in my urine and I told him I have a chronic problem with that and have been seen a few times by Urologists. The call was above and beyond because he was taking his personal time to read over that common check list and saw what I had checked and was concerned. Do you know any Dr that does this? Reading patients notes can be very important but I will venture a guess that most Drs don't take the time to do that. I am very impressed with Dr Hansen. I had the test where they go in through your leg with a camera up to your heart and then add die, he also did a stress test. I was scared like anyone would be. It was painless and Dr Hansen and his staff were very caring and made the experience as easy as they could. I recommend Dr Hansen and thankful I have him.
Dr. Hanson is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Bonner General Hospital
Mount Carmel Hospital
Sacred Heart Medical Center
Kootenai Medical Center
Providence Sacred Heart Med Center and Child
Sacred Heart Medical Center
St. Joseph's Hospital of Chewelah
St. Mary Medical Center
37 Years Experience
University Of California Davis School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1976
St Marys Hospital Medical Center
Dr. Carl Hanson accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsHeart Clinics Northwest, 212 E Central Ave, Spokane, WA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Carl Hanson in this video.
Dr. Carl Hanson is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Spokane, WA.