Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- HIV/AIDS The differences between HIV & AIDS; signs, symptoms & complications.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Shingles Facts about shingles, including symptoms & possible long-term effects.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Carl B Lauter has the following 3 specialties
- Allergy & Immunology
- Infectious Disease
An infectious disease specialist has specialized training in the diagnosis and treatment of contagious diseases.
Infectious diseases, also known as contagious or transmissible diseases, are those that stem from pathogen from a host organism. These infections may spread to other carriers through physical touch, airborne inhalation, bodily fluids or contaminated foods.
Infectious disease specialists identify whether the disease is caused by bacteria, a virus, a fungus or a parasite often through blood tests and then determine what course of treatment, if any, is necessary.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Carl B Lauter has the following 16 expertise
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV/AIDS)
- HIV Infections
- Hepatitis C
- Hay Fever (Seasonal Allergic Rhinitis)
- Nasal Allergy (Rhinitis)
- Latex Allergy (Latex Hypersensitivity)
- Hives (Urticaria)
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
Dr. Carl B Lauter has 3 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Carl B Lauter is Board Certified in 3 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 9
I have a very complicated immune condition, and I am frequently sick. When I see Dr Lauter he spends an incredible amount of time with me asking about recent infections and doing a complete review of systems , in addition to a comprehensive examination. He explains what's going on, necessary treatments and possible outcomes in incredible detail. He is truly one of the best physicians have ever had. I feel so lucky to have him guiding my treatment .
Dr. Lauter is one of the most thorough and knowledgeable physicians I have ever met with. He took over an hour taking a history from me and explained his thoughts to me in a very concise manner. I had been to many, many doctors prior to seeing Dr. Lauter and he figured it out. I would recommend Dr. Lauter to help diagnosing the toughest problems.
Dr. Carl Lauter is a WONDERFUL PHYSICIAN! After moving away from MI I know about his professionalism and his percise choices that he made for me. I totally trust his judgement in diagnoising my illness! And I can truly state that he is definitely the physician for me! He is very straight and to the point!
Dr. Lauder was recommended to us when my husband had a severe allergic reaction to nuts. After practically begging his office staff to give us an appointment (he wasn't accepting new patients) he spent all of about 2 minutes with my husband, told him to carry an epi-pen and avoid nuts, and sent him on his way. No recommendations for where he could obtain more information (such as FAAN.com) and no information on additional things he should avoid (such as bananas and avocados, which often go hand in hand with nut allergies) until he was asked about them. Dr. Lauder is the definition of bad bedside manner, and is the type of doctor that makes people not like doctors.
53 Years Experience
Wayne State University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1965
Henry Ford Health System
Dr. Carl B Lauter accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- HAP Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
Locations & DirectionsBeaumont Infectious Diseases Faculty Practice, 3535 W 13 Mile Rd Ste 305, Royal Oak, MI
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Carl B Lauter in this video.
Dr. Carl B Lauter is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Royal Oak, MI.