Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Carl D Mele has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
Dr. Carl D Mele has the following 10 expertise
- Abdominal Pain
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Celiac Disease
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Hepatitis C
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
Showing 5 of 13
I'm very happy with the care I recieved from Doctor Mele. Not only is he a very thorough doctor. He personally calls his patience if you have any questions or concerns. Very rare in todays society. I would highly recommend him and i have. Everyone who has had him as their doctor was very happy.
I have been seeing Dr. Mele for 4 years since I lost 3/4 of my stomach and 2 small bowel blocks. He is genuinely concerned, skilled and he is knowledgeable. I have have endoscopic and colonoscopys performed by him. He is exact, professional and caring physician. I would highly recommend him and have a lot of respect for him.
Patients' Choice Award (2010, 2011, 2012, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2011, 2012, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Mele is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
21 Years Experience
Jefferson Medical College Of Thomas Jefferson University
Graduated in 1997
Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
Dr. Carl D Mele accepts the following insurance providers.
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Locations & DirectionsDIGESTIVE DISEASE ASSOCIATES, 2230 Ridgewood Rd Ste 100, Reading, PA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Carl D Mele, MD - Gastroenterology in Reading, PA, in this video.
Dr. Carl D Mele is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Reading, PA.