Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Carl F Schubert has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Carl F Schubert has the following 13 expertise
- Hot Flashes
- Birth Control
- Pelvic Exam
- Prenatal Care
- Menstrual Pain
- Women's Health
- Pap Smear
- Child Birth
Dr. Carl F Schubert has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 14
I was a patient of Schubert's for almost 7 years, and only for that long because I had horrible insurance and he was the only one I could get an appointment with that worked with it. In that time, I'd had several surgeries to correct issues, and to help provide relief. In that time, I had no relief and continued to have problems related to the surgeries. During office visits, he was very dismissive and acted as if I were a nuisance. He could never remember who I was, or that he'd even done surgery on me; one visit was 3 days post-op and he asked what I was there for, and denied I was his patient. My last visit was a consult for a surgical procedure that he'd said I was a prime candidate for. During this "consult", he insulted my size, invited a NP student into the room to give me my pelvic exam, without even asking me, and then told this student, in FRONT of me and the nurse, "you'll win the prize if you can find her cervix. You know, because she's a bigger woman and all." I was devastated and humiliated, esp. since part of my weight gain is caused by PCOD, something he had diagnosed me with and then told me I didn't have on several different occasions. This man needs to have his license revoked. He doesn't visit patients post-op, he doesn't remember patients, and he's a horrible human being. I've never been ashamed of my body, but after that visit, I was devastated. And, to boot, Mercy Hospital never returned any of my calls regarding the situation. AVOID HIM. If I could give him NEGATIVE stars, I would in a heartbeat.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
- Wayne State University School Of Medicine
Wayne State University
Dr. Carl F Schubert accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- HAP Preferred PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
Locations & DirectionsMercy Physician Network, 1250 E Michigan Ave, Grayling, MI
Dr. Carl F Schubert is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Grayling, MI.