Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Carl W Sharer
Dr. Carl W Sharer, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Phoenixville, PA. He has 40 years of experience. His specialties include Hematology & Oncology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Sharer is affiliated with Phoenixville Hospital. Dr. Sharer has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Carl W Sharer has the following 2 specialties
- Hematology & Oncology
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Carl W Sharer has the following 59 expertise
- Blood Cancer
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Vulvar Cancer
- Prostate Cancer (Prostatic Neoplasm)
- Stomach Cancer
- Liver Cancer
- Co-morbid Disorders
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Skin Cancer
- Bile Duct Cancer
- Neuroendocrine Tumors
- Ovarian Cancer
- Mouth Cancer
- Spinal Cord Compression
- Ureter Cancer
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Gastrointestinal Cancer
- Bone Cancer
- Palliative Care
- Uterine Cancer
- Urologic Cancer
- Back Pain
- Waldenstrom Macroglobulinemia
- Pancreatic Cancer
- Hodgkin's Lymphoma
- Thyroid Cancer
- Brain Cancer
- von Willebrand Disease
- Kidney Cancer
- Lung Cancer
- Polycythemia Vera
- Sickle Cell Anemia
- Ear Cancer
- Breast Cancer
- Vaginal Cancer
- Metastatic Breast Cancer
- Blood Disorders
- Chronic B-Cell Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Hemolytic Anemia
- Rectal Cancer
- Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia
- Hepatitis C
- Multiple Myeloma (Cancer of Plasma Cells)
- Colon Cancer
Showing 5 of 14
Dr. Sharer was patient and kind in his interactions. He took the time to explain my cancer and possible treatments in terms I could understand. He was on time for my appointment, but did not rush at all when he was with me. Overall, I am very happy working with Dr. Sharer. I feel I am in very good hands.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Sharer is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
40 Years Experience
Philadelphia College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 1978
Dr. Carl W Sharer accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital Blue Cross
- Capital BC PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry DE PPO
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- IBC Keystone HMO POS
- IBC Personal Choice PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Locations & DirectionsPhoenixville Hospital Cancer Center, 824 Main St Ste 101, Phoenixville, PA
Dr. Carl W Sharer is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Phoenixville, PA.