Dr. Carl A Smoot Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Carl A Smoot?

can stop seeing you at any time

dtarted out good but he drops pt as he wants

How not to choose a front-office staff.

Although Dr. Smoot is well-regarded professionally, he is not a warm person. During the time I was searching for a doctor to help treat my sleep problem several of his patients warned me that he could be "difficult" or "very particular" and one even said "people either like him or hate him". Because he is conveniently close as well as highly-trained, I chose him. I recently was fired from his practice due to an episode during which his reception area staff was rude, arbitrary, and mean. They even made me cry over a disagreement about how I was to go about obtaining a refill prescription for medicine the doctor prescribed for me. They even changed his prescription to suit their (incorrect) interpretation of the law concerning Class IV substances. They reduced the number of refills from 5 to 2 without speaking to the doctor, and made me come to the office in person to get the refill prescription. I never spoke to the doctor about this episode, but obviously his staff has decided that I am no longer welcome in his office. It seems shameful that such authoritarian and unsympathetic staffers are able to be such effective gatekeepers, and have so much influence over this doctor's practice.