Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Carl A Sweatman Jr
Dr. Carl A Sweatman Jr, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Columbia, SC. He has 51 years of experience. His specialties include Surgery. Dr. Sweatman is affiliated with Palmetto Health Baptist Medical Center and Providence Hospital Northeast. Dr. Sweatman has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Carl A Sweatman Jr has the following 1 specialty
Dr. Carl A Sweatman Jr has the following 1 expertise
Dr. Carl A Sweatman Jr has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Carl A Sweatman Jr is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 6
When I was diagnosed with breast cancer, I felt like I was being handed a death sentence. Dr. Sweatman took the fear away the moment he walked into the office. His skills, his confidence and his encouragement was a source of inspiration not just for me, but my entire family. How fortunate for the citizens of South Carolina, to have such a skilled and caring physician in our midst.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Sweatman is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
51 Years Experience
Medical University Of South Carolina College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1967
University Of Alabama Hospital
Dr. Carl A Sweatman Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS South Carolina
- BCBS South Carolina
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsSurgical Associates Of South Carolina, 1850 Laurel St, Columbia, SC
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Carl A Sweatman Jr in this video.
Dr. Carl A Sweatman Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Columbia, SC.