Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Carl Vancol has the following 3 specialties
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Adult Medicine
- Adolescent Medicine
Adolescent specialists are doctors who have advanced training in the health issues that adolescents face. These physicians deal with issues like the onset of puberty, reproductive health, eating disorders, irregular periods, mood changes, drugs and pressures from home and school. For girls entering adulthood, adolescent specialists can act as both pediatrician and gynecologist, so they only have to see one doctor for all their needs.
Dr. Carl Vancol is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 11
Phone wait time can average 20 minutes (two call attempts); No call back for simple questions; in person staff can be very rude and robotic; back office desk staff are loud, more rude and poorly trained. Dr. seems nice and well qualified, but extremely overworked. Parking in lot is difficult due to overcrowding small lot. Wait time for appointments averaged 20-30 minutes multiple times.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015, 2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
24 Years Experience
Southern Illinois University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1994
Dr. Carl Vancol accepts the following insurance providers.
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
Locations & DirectionsCarl Vancol Md, 45 W 111th St Ste 304, Chicago, IL
Dr. Carl Vancol is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Chicago, IL.