Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Carl J Vitale
Dr. Carl J Vitale, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Mountainside, NJ, with another office in Union, NJ. He has 38 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Vitale is affiliated with St Barnabas Medical Center, Overlook Medical Center and Runnells Specialized Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Carl J Vitale has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Carl J Vitale has the following 13 expertise
- High Cholesterol
- Heart Failure
- Heart Block
- Unstable Angina
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Blood Clot
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Heart Attack
- Heart Diseases
Dr. Carl J Vitale is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 8
Took my mother off heart medicine claiming it had too many side effects (she had none) and she really didn't need it. How could this be when she was on it for 5 yrs. Her heart valve problem was getting worse and this medication was slowing her heart rate down and making her not be short of breath. Within 2 months of stopping the medication, her health deteriorated. She was hospitalized and they put her back on the medicine, but it no longer worked. She went downhill and died. I wouldn't let this idiot trim my toenails!
We had absolutely terrible experience with Dr. C. Vitale. Because of him my husband had a heart attack. Few years ago my husband had a cauterization procedure to remove blockage in artery and after that he asked him to do nuclear stress test every year and than cauterization again. few years in a row till one year my husband got his heart attack as a result of this absolutely unnecessary cauterization procedure. after we switch the doctor we found out that this kind of procedure you can do once in few years. This doctor is a business man. He is not an honest person. all he is interested to make money.
Dr. Vitale is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
38 Years Experience
Temple University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1980
Kaiser Permanente Medical Center
Dr. Carl J Vitale accepts the following insurance providers.
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
Locations & Directions
Dr. Carl J Vitale is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Mountainside, NJ.