Dr. Carl Waldman Is this you?

3.1

Have you seen Dr. Carl Waldman?

new location West Chester PA not Lyme literate

Posted on November 11th, 2017

now in practice with Dr. Haplea and Dr. Weinblatt. Tried to get a family member in to see Dr. Haplea due to positive experience...but he was a 3 mo. wait. Dr. Waldman less than two week wait. Family member declining rapidly and family doctor had no more ideas. Dr. Waldman got bogged down with Medicare questions. Do you have grad bars in the bathroom? type questions, not related to the problem. He ignored the rapid progression of symptoms,. He was impatient and did not listen well. One of the symptoms was that the patient had trouble expressing thoughts....but it clearly annoyed him. "mild Cognitive impairment" is not a diagnosis, its a symptom that solves nothing. When questioned about Lyme, he refereed to Infectious Disease Specialist. Would not test. Saw Lyme Doc next day--an excellent one and the patient was put on Lyme Meds immediately even before tests come back. Classic late stage in the # 1 most Lyme county in the US. If you go to this office, wait for Dr. Haplea.

Carl Waldman Review

Posted on December 16th, 2013

I was referred to Dr. Waldman because of headaches that 3 other doctors--one Internists, an oral surgeon and a dentist--said were related to sinus issues. I found Mr. Waldman frenetic, theatrical and he said my headache was due to tension--even though I flatly stated that I was not under any undue stress. Once a dental implant was screwed into the socket that was previously drilled into my head, my headaches--which only occurred when I bent over--stopped immediately. I concluded that the three other doctors were correct in diagnosing my headaches as sinus related and that the tension headache diagnosis was not correct even with evidence point toward a sinus issue and testimony point away from a tension headache. I have strongly discouraged my wife from seeing him with issues she has and would do the same for any friend.

Poor physician

Posted on April 5th, 2013

My experience with Dr. Waldman was very negative. He under-rated the seriousness of my neurological ailment and this delay has plagued my health ever since. He acted, at times, like I was faking something or overdoing my pain. I could not press upon him the rapidity of developments. My smartest move was going elsewhere, outside his colleagues and off to specialists in New York. I concluded that does not have broad knowledge of the causes of neuropathy.

Posted on March 31st, 2012

He misdiagnosed and mistreated my husband. Given the serious diagnostic, he did not even suggest a second opinion. Office has no call back hours either. Neither he nor his administrative staff returned phone calls.

He will call you back.

Posted on March 12th, 2012

I have called Dr. Waldman a couple of times and left a message about my meds. I expected a nurse to call me back, but I got phone calls both times from Dr. Waldman. That impressed me.

Posted on April 12th, 2011

Took time necessary to figure out there was more than one thing going on with me. Liked his logical approach to diagnostics. Explained what issues were caused by each condition. Was kind and concerned, not overly effusive (which is good). Set me at ease to ask questions. He offered helpful suggestions, and made appropriate referrals for ongoing care (physical therapy and orthopaedic consultation). I really liked him. His office staff was casual, but when an error in billing occurred, took immediate steps to correct it as soon as i notified them. I'd recommend him to any of my friends or family!

Posted on February 1st, 2011

Sometimes I get the feeling Dr. Waldman is overworked but managing. I'm sure it doesn't help that most of my appointments are scheduled for the afternoon. Regardless, he's thorough, cautious and very detailed in my examinations. I don't feel like I'm being shoveled off when the appointment is at an end and examinations are in his office rather than a small closet. Good doctor, would recommend.

Nightmare Visit

Posted on January 15th, 2011

I don't know what other people saw to say this DR was a nice/caring DR.He was the rudest, most uncaring and negligent DR. I have ever met in my entire life. I cannot walk straight (heel to toe) and his literal words to me and my Mom were "she can is she just tries to concentrate hard enough." I was in SHOCK!! I still am. He could not answer ANY of our questions. He would just refer us to ask another type of DR. :( It was a horrible visit and I will never forget his dismissive attitude towards me.

Dr. Waldman is a nice, caring doctor

Posted on June 1st, 2010

Having suffered with migraines for years and dealing with disbelieving family docs AND neurologists coming to Dr. Waldman was such a relief...physically and mentally. Under Dr. Waldman's care I only have a migraine at most once every 6 months. This is WAY down from every day for 36 months before I came to him. He is such a nice man and seems to really care about his patients; is willing to listen, to talk etc. I have recommended him to several other people.

Posted on March 23rd, 2010

Dr. Waldman is extremely thorough in his questions and examination. He doesn't rush you and takes time to explain things. I would highly recommmend him.

Posted on March 10th, 2010

I had to wait 5 weeks for this appointment. Dr. Waldman was one of the nicest doctors I have ever seen. Listened to my questions, answered truthfully, told me he didn't know - when he didn't know. Highly recommend. My procedure was somewhat painful and he asked me at least 25 times if I was OK.

There are better choices

Posted on September 16th, 2009

My experience was not a good one. I have had more methodical and focused exams with other neurologists. I found accuracy in diagnosing was not as good as with other neurologists. I could not rate the follow up as I chose not go back after my first visit.