Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Carla G Mckeethren has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Carla G Mckeethren has the following 5 expertise
- Pediatric Diabetes
Dr. Carla G Mckeethren has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Carla G Mckeethren is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
Both of kids see Dr. McKeethren and I don't absolutely love her! She has always been helpful and very informative!! I'm going to hate when she decides to retire and my kids aren't 18, but hopefully we can hang in there 10 more years. I love how fast her nurse Misty is and how much love they show us at every visit. It's really hard to find a caring doctor like her!
Dr. Mckeethren came along at the perfect time for our family. Many pediatricians, especially in this area, will use scare tactics and half truths when deciding on a course of treatment for your child. Many of them will not support your efforts to provide a natural-minded approach to parenting and show lack of support in Breastfeeding. Many try to push antibiotics for every ailment. Dr. Mckeethren is none of these things. Her knowledge, respect for a parent's input, and gentle-heart win gold stars among parents like me. I can truly TRUST her. She is a wonderful pediatrician and her staff is sensitive and caring as well. Overall, I highly recommend her to any parent looking for a doctor they can trust with their children. She is excellent :-)
43 Years Experience
University Of Tennessee Health Science Center College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1975
University Tn Grad School Of Medicine
Dr. Carla G Mckeethren accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TN Blue Network E
- BCBS TN Blue Network S
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana Knoxville PPOx
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Carla G Mckeethren is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Knoxville, TN.