Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Carla Y Neal-Haley
Dr. Carla Y Neal-Haley, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Smyrna, GA. She has 27 years of experience. Her specialties include Pediatrics and Internal Medicine. Dr. Neal-Haley is affiliated with Emory University Hospital. Dr. Neal-Haley has received 2 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Carla Y Neal-Haley has the following 2 specialties
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Carla Y Neal-Haley has the following 5 expertise
- Pediatric Diabetes
Dr. Carla Y Neal-Haley has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 58
If you get prescriptions from this doctor, verify their correctness yourself. My last visit left me with a prescription with dosage information that was off by a factor of four (fortunately the pharmacist caught it), and this was the second prescription error in two years. Now that the office offers its own LabCorp services, suddenly every ailment requires a blood test. I gave an extra star to "Value" because they occasionally forget to charge co-pay. They are, however, polite. When she was fixing her last prescription mistake, Neal-Haley was effusively apologetic.
Staff is unhelpful and office quarters are not very clean. I was never seen by the doctor, but rather by a rude, uneducated "student" who offered me unsound, out of date medical advice for my newborn. I was told I'd receive a call back with lab results and did not receive a call back. When I called back a week later (it was during holidays) I asked for the lab results and was once again told I'd receive a call back and never got one.
Patients' Choice Award (2008)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2009)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Neal-Haley is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
27 Years Experience
University Of Pittsburgh School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1991
Dr. Carla Y Neal-Haley accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Open Access POS
- BCBS GA BlueChoice Option POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry CoventryOne - GA
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsGenesis Health Care Associates, 3903 S Cobb Dr SE Ste 225, Smyrna, GA
Dr. Carla Y Neal-Haley is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Smyrna, GA.